BMW Model Year 2017 Details Released

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its a straight forward fit sticking that new exhaust on a gen3 for quiet track day use might be a smart and cheap solution when they start coming up on ebay in the spring :) Black and Silver looks nice, reminds me of old Gixxer's, not so sure about the RR graphics on the motorsport scheme but pleased BMW haven't had to sacrifice performance to achieve Euro 4 compliance, what the hell were Kawasaki playing at with the ZX10?!

black and silvers ace , would be my choice , new exhaust setup looks uglier that the last , hopefully easily removed , fair play to bmw no loss of power/performance with euro 4

Is that Ohlins suspension the same as the 1299s? It's going to be a decent bike isn't it, I'm sure MCN will be crowning it the new sportsbike champion when they lap Portialmeria or wherever 0.01 sec faster than before. But crucially there's no mention of cruise control or heated grips :smile-new:

If its a straight forward fit sticking that new exhaust on a gen3 for quiet track day use might be a smart and cheap solution when they start coming up on ebay in the spring :)

Looking at it I don't think it'll fit a gen 3. You'd have to take the big cat box as well and that would mean buying a new lower fairing or cutting up your existing one.

Yeah I'm sure you're right, was only having a laugh. I see the website above also has coverage of a ltd. edition ZX10RR and the new Gixxer thou, 2017 should be a vintage year for Superbikes

Link for new S1000RR Colour Schemes & CAT pictures between 16 & 17

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/.../2016/s1000rr/s1000rr_overview.html&notrack=1

I only bought mine new 13 days ago.
No regrets towards it now after the changes for Euro 4 - especially not with HP wheels and a big discount for being the last of Euro 3.
No power change but possibly weight / future maintenance?
Might be critical now that weight seems the next figure with the fire blade losing over 10kg and the BMW already being slightly heavier (hence why its the best kitted out!)

Below pictures to compare the cat:
S1000RR 2016 stock exhaust
S1000RR 2017 Grey stock exhaust
p.s. Yes its not clean its now done 1,200 miles in that time commuting
IMG_8814.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016_10_05_at_18_26_16.png

IMG_8817.jpg

I am so disappointed by the 2017 colour schemes that I am even reconsidering buying one.

I had my heart set on a black version but the equivalent grey/black 2017 really doesn't do it for me.

First world problems of course but the aesthetics are such an important part of bike ownership....so pissed off with BMW!

Easy, as everything apart from the even uglier exhaust is the same as a '16RR buy a black ex demo and save a packet and a wait on a new one

Both my gen 3 and GSA are ex demos and both as new when I got them plus I saved a lot of time and money v new, generally dealers want to get rid over the winter so a bargain can be had. Best thing to do is get on the phone and find out who has what and get your name on one as they get snapped up. Although I don't have finance on either of mine BMW's finance schemes would also cover the purchase if you were thinking of going down that route

Last edited:
I traded my '15 in for a '16 last Friday, quite glad I didn't wait to order a new one. Hate the look of the collector box on the '17 model.

MRD if your looking for a black gen 3 mine will be for sale at Jefferies any day now ;)

2017 s1k

Have you seen the size of the cat on the new bike :hororr:, I know its euro4 but its going back in time, just like the 90's shell suit colour scheme (motorad colours). Hoping it looks better in the flesh , my wife loves it , which usually means I will hate it !!!!

tempted to jump of the band wagon and buy an old zx7r , at least I can fix one of them !

I know what you mean, but there's a step back and a step back! Early R1 with a dodgy paint job for ?2k is the way to go, had one a few years ago, brilliant vfm :)

Latest posts

Back