BMW Model Year 2017 Details Released

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it'll be a case of seeing how the EU4 1299, new Gixxer1000 and Blade measure up to the S1K in the new year, 1299 will prob be the same but with revised exhaust, Gixxer looks like a GSXR 750K4 with catch up electronics so nothing new there, I think the Fireblade's going to be the interesting one but unless they come up with something revolutionary like the original 900RR I can't see the current S1000RR being knocked off the top step...

Last edited:
GSA's seem to be popping up on track days, seen someone knee down with Anakees fitted!!

Those anakees were surprisingly grippy. Did my peg grinding with them fitted :).

Got the impression that was a scrape or crash situation (!), I remain impressed though :smile-new:

It was on a corner that tightened up more than I was expecting (bad riding by myself), bit too much lean got the peg grinding, not in any rush to repeat it lol.

Does this mean the 2015/2016 having the larger exhaust was preparation for Euro 4?

Now that exhaust will actually be needed & filled with emissions passing equipment for the 2017 Euro 4's?

p.s. Currently only one S1000RR 2016 left in the UK. Will have to wait till near March for a Euro 4 2017 edition (Allan Jefferies, 5pm yesterday stock list)

Westy, lots of speculation but no one will officially know till October/November with the pre'17 shows.

- Sent from Mobile

Intermot

Expect any changes/updates to the BMW range to be released at the INTERMOT Show in Germany (5-9 Oct 16). BMW launched the 2015 S1000RR there two years ago.

Gents... Latested for:

2017 BMW S1000R
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2017-bmw-s1000r-pre-production/

2017 Honda Fireblade (you know this one might not lean to the right!)
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2017-honda-cbr1000rr-fireblade-leak/

Fireblade will be all singing and dancing , almost 200 bhp at the rear wheel and all the electronics you can shake a stick at. Mechanic working on McGuiness's bike at the TT told myself and JimmyMac. Honda will not release a bike that's not on par with the current Superbikes.

Read somewhere else that Honda have been benchmarking the new fireblade with the S1000RR as they don't see the route the R1 and ZX10 have taken as the way to go

Makes sense. Road vs Track bias has to be towards road to get the sales. Honda and BMW know that.

- Sent from Mobile

Spoke to Lind BMW Norwich the other day, they said the only differences for next year's RR are; Reflectors (ala US market) and a new diagnostic port. Everything thing else, physical is the same. He couldn't confirm software revisions. But that's what they are expecting/ordering.

Glad I've got a '15. That new exhaust with the giant cat and cut out fairing is ugly. Might mean aftermarket options that fit like the Panigales though.

Glad I've got a '15. That new exhaust with the giant cat and cut out fairing is ugly. Might mean aftermarket options that fit like the Panigales though.

The Cat a silencing is bigger for sure, but it looks like there's a 2nd pipe in there which probably opens up with a valve over certain RPM's.

Latest posts

Back