This Weekend & Knockhill Thurs 28th

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2002sportevo

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Managed to get my first decent ride out today. Did about 130 miles, up to Crieff, Lochearnhead through Callendar and back to Falkirk....was brilliant getting out but it was still pretty cold, had my new one piece suit on and I was frozen, including my hands with heated grips on full, these 2015 grips are not very hot!

Planning to get out for another blast tomorrow morning, might manage breakfast at the Green Welly, spoke to Beavis tonight, he is going to get ABS Pro fitted tomorrow at Douglas Park so might end up catching up with him at some point.

Hope to see some other S1K's out and about tomorrow......

Need to get some miles in before my Niall Mackenzie Superbike day at Knockhill on Thursday. Talking of which, there are 8 of us going up but one of my mates cannot make it now. The session is fully booked, tickets were ?225 but he will let it go for ?150 if anyone fancies it....let me know.....

Cheers Colin

Managed to get my first decent ride out today. Did about 130 miles, up to Crieff, Lochearnhead through Callendar and back to Falkirk....was brilliant getting out but it was still pretty cold, had my new one piece suit on and I was frozen, including my hands with heated grips on full, these 2015 grips are not very hot!

Planning to get out for another blast tomorrow morning, might manage breakfast at the Green Welly, spoke to Beavis tonight, he is going to get ABS Pro fitted tomorrow at Douglas Park so might end up catching up with him at some point.

Hope to see some other S1K's out and about tomorrow......

Need to get some miles in before my Niall Mackenzie Superbike day at Knockhill on Thursday. Talking of which, there are 8 of us going up but one of my mates cannot make it now. The session is fully booked, tickets were ?225 but he will let it go for ?150 if anyone fancies it....let me know.....

Cheers Colin

I was in Crieff lochearnhead and crianlarich around 3ish to about 4 Colin... did I pass you..is yours red if so might have passed you on way to Crianlarich..I defo passed an RR who was in front of another bike

Last edited:
Hi Stuart, I was in Callendar about 4.30, yeah mine is a red 2015 and I was in front of my mate on a black Fireblade. Poor effort from me as I never saw you! I spotted another S1000RR at the Callendar car park by the river, guy was on his own looked like a 2012 + he had Dainese leathers on....defo going out for some fun tomorrow, will you be out on the HP4?

Hi Stuart, I was in Callendar about 4.30, yeah mine is a red 2015 and I was in front of my mate on a black Fireblade. Poor effort from me as I never saw you! I spotted another S1000RR at the Callendar car park by the river, guy was on his own looked like a 2012 + he had Dainese leathers on....defo going out for some fun tomorrow, will you be out on the HP4?

The red rr I saw was when i turned up the hill from lochearnhead heading toward Callendar so maybe wasnt u guys.. but it was defo a red rr and another machine..the other guy waved lol... was about 430ish... im away to Krakow sunday doubt ive time for a blast.. would have been happy to hook up mate

Hi there Colin I would be intrested in this as long as I get home from work on the Tuesday. Iv always wanted to do a Neil mac trackday but the timing has always been wrong. Is it this Thursday?

Thanks Jordan

Please tell me it's normal direction? I hate Knockhill in reverse and what group was you mate booked into? Are you all going on track bikes or road bikes? Cheers

Count me in then if that's ok and pm me about payment. I'l be on a road bike but il stick my track fairings on it just incase. Also could some one help me get my Bike off the back of my pick up?

Jordan, sorry I've not replied sooner... Been out on the bike today, there will be plenty of us to help you with the bike, I'm on my phone just now so will PM you later

YES and NO !! It was a cracking morning but that quickly changed......the snow closed in about 1230Hrs and got progressively worse so they stopped for lunch break but it never cleared up. Decision was made to call it a day and cancel the afternoon but on a positive note they gave us a credit for a track night of our choice.

Still managed a few laps in the morning and managed to get the sliders on my new leathers on the deck :welcoming:

By the time I got home the bike was white with salt so a quick powerwash and then to the local pub with my mates for some track debrief beers so all in all a good day apart from the bloody snow !

that's great you managed to get out, and really good that knockhills giving you a credit. hopefully the next one will be bone dry and roasting lol, oh wait it's Scotland...... wishful thinking.....

Last edited:
Brillant day and a free track morning to enjoy.. Shame it was freezing but heated grips worked wonders! 😂 That's the supercorsas scrubbed in anyway.

Same to your self Colin. I was slightly worried about going on my own but you and your mates made me feel more than welcome. Brillant bunch of lads. Need to catch up on another trackday or the roads.

Cheers Jordan

Jordan, with all the rush to get home after the snow etc I never managed to catch up with you before we left.......I spoke to Niall Mackenzie and the office staff and confirmed that we all get a credit towards another track day or track night - the value is ?75.....

All you need to do is contact the circuit office and give them your details when you want to book something else - I need to try and sort a date that suits.....hopefully when the snow has disappeared !

Back