Thingy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmo

Reaction score
Hi,I'm new to the forum,just bought a2012 bike, turns out is been raced quite a lot.
my fault I didn't check it thoroughly enough.
ive bought a workshop manual and I've scoured the forums and other sources,
looks like I need to ask for help.
i lifted the tank the other day to check and clean the filter,and there is a plug connected to a wire coming from the right hand loom just laying on top of the gearbox,it looks like the same sort of plug that fits to the injectors but it obviously isn't as it's running fine ,if a little lumpy.
i don't think it's an unused one as it has no blank fitted in it , so I think it should be fitted
onto some sort of valve which has been junked by the previous owner,any ideas ?
also on the left had side there are a number of pipes that are also not connected , maybe 4/5mm bore , possibly should connect on the dooobry that's been removed .
also and last ,I have some radial play in the front discs,like as if you were turning a steering wheel about a mm but worse on the left had disc ,would someone plse check their
discs to see if you have play like this ,it's not the usual bobbin movement btw ?
thanks in advance for any sensible replies

Last edited:
If memory serves, there is a spare plug (looks like an injector plug) normally tie-wrapped to a small bracket by the throttle bodies on the right side.

Left side you have a few pipes, a couple of which connect to the front top of the tank (above ECU) which are breathers. I would need to double check as my memory is a bit rusty. :)

There should be minimal radial play on any floating disc, if it's not excessive (over 1mm) then you'll be fine if not experiencing any vibration. But perhaps budget for new discs in the future.

Latest posts

Back