2022 RR cold start error code

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwazyn

Reaction score
Hello guys
Just wondered if anyone else has the same thing as me! I purchased a 3 mile old s1000rr (just before the release of the mid life update - wiiiings!!) and was finding a tough time justifying the £1800 for the titanium de-cat pipe, and the s/s de-cat was hard to come by. So I ended up searching high and low and after 2 months found the s/s de-cat to match the sports Akra that comes from factory. I got bmw to fit the de-cat and ever since on cold starts I get an error code. A simple “off and on” sorts it out, but was thinking on a nearly new bike should be having such issues! The bmw garage saw the error code but couldn’t replicate it! So I’ve just been left with it!IMG_3418_Original.jpeg

if it's showing an error code, then what is it? no need to replicate as it shouold be stored in the ECU. the dealer should/will have seen it surely

Had one of those on my 22 last week.. went about a mile down the road, switched it off n back on again and the error cleared. Rang the dealer and asked if they'd check it out when it's getting serviced in a few weeks time. Went to graft and it never came back 🤔

The bmw dealer said they checked it and nothing came up! I initially thought it may be the de-cat where there was no sensor for the flap, but apparently as it was a genuine Akra de-cat all the required kit was included! I haven’t had it on the dyno, nor will I as I think it’s got plenty of power for my needs and was more for the sound when riding in the city! I’ve given up hope tbh! And a few months later there was an error message about the sos call being faulty, which has now been sorted! Not sure if that went away of the dealer cleared it, either way only the cold start up issue that sorts itself after turning off the ignition!
Also worth noting that in the summer, I don’t get this and only around 10 degrees and below do I encounter this! I only ride in fair weather but not bothered about the colder temps, just don’t want to deal with retards in wet conditions!!!

Last edited:
Hello mate
just a suggestion that may help, at least be used in a process of elimination.

The K67 has four Lambda sensors. 2 on each side of the bike, around the middle of the bike near the oil sump (ish)
They screw into the exhaust with adaptors provided by akra in the kit.
Check 1:
I would double check that those fittings were either screwed in correctly (i.e: not cross threaded and therefore air is seeping, making an incorrect lambda reading) I say this because the threads are quite large and take a bit of strength to fully tighten, so they could easily be incorrectly tightened or not be seated properly.

Check 2:
The correct way (that I was told) to screw in the lambda sensors is to pre twist the wires of the sensor counter clockwise, so when you screw them into the headers (turning clockwise) they eventually sit straight. If In the chance this was not done properly, your sensor wires could be twisted quite badly from being screwed that one may be slightly damaged/pulled/snagged etc... throwing you an engine management warning.

Its an easy check, which is why I mention these to you. Before you move on to more complicated diagnosing.

Hope that helps

Thanks, will give it a try, but then restarting the bike clears the warning! It’s very odd!

Latest posts

Back