The Snetterton 9th May 2016 Trackday Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup - i agree excellent vid. I need to have a think about where to mount mine... my concern is i dont know if im happy to leave a camera foot stuck to my tank - or wherever else on bike.

Here's one i found in my collection. Isnt this Pete? Let me know if you want the hi-res image chap :)

22B_5580_zps9ysbbcbh.jpeg

Pete, get this in the monthly photo comp, it's as good a bike pic as I've seen. It's the first photo I've looked at and anticipated the engine noise, very similar to Hillberry TT camera photos.

JimmyMac
cheers Jimmy Mac. The engine was actually off and I was leant over using the side stand!!... No, it's a good pic, head down and nice and loose, I'll put some more up when I download the rest

Last edited:
Thanks for coming you guys, really good day, were we lucky with the weather or what! Sorry I did not get to see you in the garages but there's always something for me to do, and I had some of the cautious group to look after.

If anyone ever makes the excuse not to do a track day because they don't think they can, or their bike is not suitable, tell them about the Pan and the other tourers, the G Ss and the 5 really nervous girls who were all bubbling with excitement after the first few sessions.

The picture above, did anyone realise who the instructor on the S1000R is? google Barry Woodland.

Thanks for coming you guys, really good day, were we lucky with the weather or what! Sorry I did not get to see you in the garages but there's always something for me to do, and I had some of the cautious group to look after.

If anyone ever makes the excuse not to do a track day because they don't think they can, or their bike is not suitable, tell them about the Pan and the other tourers, the G Ss and the 5 really nervous girls who were all bubbling with excitement after the first few sessions.

The picture above, did anyone realise who the instructor on the S1000R is? google Barry Woodland.
ohhh...that's interesting. Hadn't heard of him, but He has had some good results over the years. Fascinating some riders racer pasts, but the cool thing is if you have or have had an acu race licence all your results are logged. Nice to look back and find your history all listed. My last bike was an ex iom superstocker raced by James hurrell. He didn't do too well on the island but had some good finishes in BSB super stocks on the same bike in 2009/10
Anyone else for a google fess up?

Very impressive, Skoal Bandit Suzuki 1986 (assume Gixxer 750) and Loctite Yamaha for the other years (assume FZ750), absolute top draw sports bikes of their day - I wanted both, but too young and skint to afford either

Last edited:
Nice on bike vids. Here's a couple more stills from the day. Overall a good day, but groups a bit too mismatched for my liking, however the day was more of an introduction to track riding so I'm not criticising, just not what I'm used to. It was well run and if you are thinking of a first time on track or just get tired of race bikes buzzing you on track days, this is for you.
http://

Last edited:
Nice pics Pete. The problem with the groups is the participants putting BS on their applications or thinking their skill level is somewhere beyond reality so being put in groups they shouldn't be. Bins has this problem every year, it's very frustrating for him and the rest of us. If it was up to me I'd have transponders given out to every rider (FE do this I believe) and then rearrange groups after the first couple of sessions based on times.

TBF I have seen equally mismatched groups on standard track days too. I don't think this is unique to this format.

Cant be easy getting everyone into 3 levels of capability; i was told to run in fast as the novice group really was very-novice but i feel i should be inters on other track days. That said i dont think i was baulking anyone and it's nice to see the lines and the speed being carried around some corners by the mega-quick chaps - gave me ideas and confidence of where to push that i prob wouldnt of got from running inters.

It felt more relaxed than typical TDs. I guess limiting to just road bikes will remove some of the hardcore TD goers - some of which ive found to not give a shit about others. If im ever run wide or spooked by a fast undercut, its always one of those type of chaps - just sayin! I had none of that at Snet though.

Well done to all on doing the best you could in grouping a massive range from 'green to mean' ;)

Nice pics Pete. The problem with the groups is the participants putting BS on their applications or thinking their skill level is somewhere beyond reality so being put in groups they shouldn't be. Bins has this problem every year, it's very frustrating for him and the rest of us. If it was up to me I'd have transponders given out to every rider (FE do this I believe) and then rearrange groups after the first couple of sessions based on times.

TBF I have seen equally mismatched groups on standard track days too. I don't think this is unique to this format.

Yes on FE 'chrono' days everyone has a transponder and groups are adjusted as the sessions progess

FE charge ?5 for a bracket which you must have - not sure how much they make form it but i think it's worth it.

Back