Software version

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the software update yesterday. I've only ridden back from the dealer so far, but it seems greatly improved, but not 100% fixed (I noticed the audio stutter / buffer a couple of times), but the nav worked all the way.
The bluetooth peice was almost certainly updated as it lost the pairing.
The biggest shock was that I was told that BMW only guarantee it to work with the BMW comms!
So stupid in this day and age that car/bike manufacturers think its acceptable to certify on products and not standards.

- Alex

So stupid in this day and age that car/bike manufacturers think its acceptable to certify on products and not standards.

- Alex

I dont think that would stand up if legally challenged (the BT only guaranteed with bmw products bit) because a) BMW BT helmets are made under licence by a third party (Schuberth) therefore not their own hardware, and b) it is as you say an international standard for connecting devices. It is not logical that BT will only work with a select range of BT devices.

Smells like the dealer thinking this problem could be a reoccuring headache so bat it away with BS.

I hope it is sorted. A little stutter/buffer isn't unacceptable as the phone/bike might have been processing something else at that moment and the streaming may have slowed slightly.

- Alex

Good luck opening Iphone to replace internals to say faster eMMC storage and then going to apple ask for a repair.

Same happening everywhere.

A little stutter/buffer isn't unacceptable as the phone/bike might have been processing something else at that moment and the streaming may have slowed slightly.
I think it's the bike as my other bike doesn't have the problem (KTM), but it's only mildly irritating, nothing to eject ones toys from the pram over! And overall I'm happy with the improvement

Went out on bike today and started off the same as before just the white box. Then along the way it started working ...... result I thought ... then as quickly as it started working it went just to 30mph everywhere :(.
I?m on the latest software version on bike and phone.

I appreciate I may be teaching you how to suck eggs but have you got mobile data switched on in the general settings for the app?

What happens if you stream music now, does it play correctly or keep cutting out?

I appreciate I may be teaching you how to suck eggs but have you got mobile data switched on in the general settings for the app?

What happens if you stream music now, does it play correctly or keep cutting out?

Yeah data is turned on no issues there
I don?t stream music through the phone on my bike I don?t have Bluetooth head set. It streams in the car no problems. When it started working I was thinking result it?s fixed not sure how but then it stopped. :(

In the setting there is a record tour option. If you have that turned on it should record your ride. I was wondering if it was still recording the ride and sending it to the phone. No it should not make a difference to the speed limit readout afaik.

So, the app is saying connected and the bike shows the phone paired and connected. But it is not logging your journeys with the option switched on and it doesn?t display the correct speed limits, or any limit.

Have you tried connecting a Bluetooth headset as well to see if the functionality of sound output is there?

That?s pretty much it in a nutshell lol. I haven?t got a Bluetooth headset to try with.
I?m just going to turn it off I think it?s going to be easier lol.

Latest posts

Back