Scotland must-dos?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim @ Lind

Reaction score
Hi all,

Myself and a handful of BMWs are off to Scotland for a week in May.

We're going to be based at Invermoriston. We each have a "we must go here" bit, but we're researching routes at the moment and then hoping to join them all up.

Has anyone got any recommendations that we must do?

So far we have the Skyfall photo at Glencoe (which my parts chap plans on laying his GSA on its side and then standing on it for a photo), Riding around the back of Lock Leven and going out to Applecross.

Mileage per day isn't a problem, but we're trying to keep it to a max of 250 per day.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Tim.

Hi all,

We're going to be based at Invermoriston. We each have a "we must go here" bit, but we're researching routes at the moment and then hoping to join them all up.

So far we have the Skyfall photo at Glencoe (which my parts chap plans on laying his GSA on its side and then standing on it for a photo), Riding around the back of Lock Leven and going out to Applecross.

Mileage per day isn't a problem, but we're trying to keep it to a max of 250 per day.

Tim.

Join the forum NC767 trip on 19th/20th May........

Which part of May, as a dozen of us are heading to the NC500 route, 19-21.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Ha! we're there from the 15-19th. If I could stay a few days extra I'd ask to join you, but as there's two of us going from work we have to be back for Saturday.

Well take a look at the NC676/NC500 routes. We're heading counter clockwise.

Bealach na B? pass to Applecross is supposed to be a must do.
Loch Lomand on the A82 should be goal either inbound or out.
Cairngorms National Park would be a day...

Hi all,

Tim.

Tim, there are so many really good roads.. I can list a few good stretches for you, and you can maybe fit some of them in to your plan.. when we go for a blast we usually head North from where we live (Dumbarton) just a couple of miles from Loch Lomond. Great stretches in no particular order.

1. A82 Balloch to Tyndrum thru Glencoe (Your Sky Fall stop) and then up to Invermoriston.. if you can hit Balloch before say 8am you will get a clear run up to your destination, I'm talking very little to no traffic...so you can open the bikes up and use the road. A regular run of ours.
2. A86 Spean Bridge to Dalwhinnie or reverse..very little traffic..sensational 40 mile stretch, we travel up just to ride it it's that good, usually end up at Aviemore.
3. Balloch to Tyndrum (Green Welly) via Dalmally to Oban.. cracking run, it's my weekend special, blast up thru the pass of Brander (loch Awe) on a good day is sensational.
4. Oban to Lochgilphead via Inveraray to Balloch or reverse, another sensational stretch.
5. A87 to Skye Bridge and beyond.

You wouldn't be disappointed with any of these roads..pitty your not overlapping into our dates we could have all hooked up.

Some of the Central and East guys will no doubt give you their opinions on the roads up their way.

Cheers

Stuart

Latest posts

Back