Replacement RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot believe the list of faults and more importantly that it has not been replaced, especially from such a prestigious make of vehicle. I would continue to pursue it and would not pay a penny more as after all you paid for a new bike but what you received was far from this.....

As already been stated you should not have to pay a penny more, if anything the dealer/BMW should be compensating you. The list of faults on your bike is just not acceptable, but how did it ever get through the PDI check like that?
I hope Trading Standards are of help to you and explain your rights.

Just been to trading standards and they agree that I shouldn't be paying anything given the faults. I should also have the demo bike till mine arrives too. Sitting at BMW now waiting to see someone.

You can also claim compensation for loss of use/earnings etc. The dealer asking you to pay demonstrates either a complete lack of understanding of uk law, or they are trying to cover their own arses to hide the truth from management!!

Just been to trading standards and they agree that I shouldn't be paying anything given the faults. I should also have the demo bike till mine arrives too. Sitting at BMW now waiting to see someone.

What's latest matey? Is it a mass demonstration/sit in at the dealers? :)

Well...
Sat for about 45 mins speaking to the manager (who I know) with general pleasantries but keeping it on a firm but friendly level.
He stood by his previous response of me paying for a new bike but they would pay for the first service and split the remaining ?600 costs leaving me to pay ?300.
I said I wasn't paying a penny and it was only half the story for them to pay, I also wanted the demo bike for 8 weeks until mine was available.
This was immediately refused as they only had one bike. He then went away and came back with 2 printouts of bikes in my spec which could possibly be obtained within a few weeks which were destined for other dealers. This would then mean the demo bike would only be out for a few weeks.
I was told he would call BMW and get back to me today.
Still waiting.
I never mentioned trading standards as I want to see if he will reconsider his offer first.
I'll await his response. If it's the same answer then I can tell you that I'm going to spit the dummy big time and throw in the kitchen sink.

I'd like to Thank everyone who has commented in this sorry saga.
At least I know where I stand now and I'll go in feet first if I don't get what I've asked for.
Im confident this will be resolved without the need to mention Trading Standards.
That way I can continue to pop in and out to pick up any HP parts, as a good discount has been agreed.

Just had a call.
New bike will be here next Friday, my parts will be swapped over with first service included at no cost to me.
I can have the demo bike this weekend too.
Happy Days, HP screen and levers now ordered . :purplebananna:

Thank you guys, I feel part of the Gang again. :surprise:

Just had a call.
New bike will be here next Friday, my parts will be swapped over with first service included at no cost to me.
I can have the demo bike this weekend too.
Happy Days, HP screen and levers now ordered . :purplebananna:

Thank you guys, I feel part of the Gang again. :surprise:

Great result, well done. Should never have become the saga it turned into, but they came good in the end.

See you in exactly 2 weeks time for that drink.

Latest posts

Back