Recall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha, so much for we got our bikes about the same time then... mine just sat in the garage for 6 months after my accident, so... we started doing things with the bikes about the same time would be more accurate, lol

Have you managed many miles? I managed 1800 or so, 600 of which were forced to get that run in service complete, I reckon I?ll probably do 1500 per year going forward.

I think I managed to get into 4 figures, maybe about 1200... but I have to give my other bikes some attention and I probably did more on them - I'm 6"2 and the different seating position on Gen 4 was a little less comfortable vs others with my injuries. Just had what should be final op on my ankle, so hope to do a lot more next year.

Just chased my dealer about what needs to happen. If it was a recall BMW would have covered collection. Because it's a tech enhancement I'd have to take it in or pay for the transport... a little annoying but it's only ?25.

It's a small job apparently, takes less than an hour... It's the kind of thing that could wait for annual service if the bike is only used for road speeds...

it's on p2 of this thread, but cam chain tensioner risk of snapping at prolonged revs >10k. As you'd expect, there's quite a horrible list of knock-on effects listed in the notice which they read to me over the phone.

I wonder if it was a bad batch or something similar, makes me think mine will fail now lol, just need to keep it under 10k :disturbed::disturbed:

it's on p2 of this thread, but cam chain tensioner risk of snapping at prolonged revs >10k. As you'd expect, there's quite a horrible list of knock-on effects listed in the notice which they read to me over the phone.

Used to be a design feature on the Firestorm :jaded: Every weird noise made you wonder if it was about to go bang but it usually ran out of petrol before that could happen...

^ That brought back memories of my big twins. All thirsty as. 80 miles when riding in a spirited manner. ;)

And the terror of riding through France on a Sunday - will there be a petrol station open anywhere in the next 60 miles, will it take foreign credit cards, can you give cash to a friendly Frenchman to put petrol in your bike!!! :eek:

More treasured memories.... ^^^^^^^^ A big group of us were in France during the fuel strike of 2001. Very entertaining on big V-Twins. ;)

Popped by my dealer this morning - there's a new recall/issue on the Gen 4. I think they said something about camshaft but I stopped listening after they said it doesn't affect my bike :) Might be worth a check of the link earlier in this thread for others.

Last edited:
Popped by my dealer this morning - there's a new recall/issue on the Gen 4. I think they said something about camshaft but I stopped listening after they said it doesn't affect my bike :) Might be worth a check of the link earlier in this thread for others.

Camchain adjuster? Being replaced on mine

I believe it's related to the intake camshaft. Apparently some were made in less than ideal conditions so may fail.
Campaign number I've heard is: 0011510000
If your bike is affected the camshaft will be replaced.
Check your VIN or dealer for more info

Service Campaign: 0011510000 Replacing the intake camshaft
S1000RR K67 (OE21/OE23)

Situation: During the production of the intake camshaft, a changed machining coolant occasionally caused localised over heating. The changed surface hardness can result in increased wear of the rocker arms and camshafts over the service life.

Series Solution: Since January 19, 2022, only engines without this fault pattern have been produced.

Service Solution: In all instances in which the vehicles have already been handed over to customers, the customers must be made aware of the situation described above by telephone and asked to have the technical campaign carried out. For vehicles that have not yet been delivered, the service campaign must be carried out before delivery to customers. The intake camshaft must be replaced. Following the removal of the intake camshaft, the rocker arms on the intake side must also be inspected for initial damage and replaced where required.

Service Campaign: 0011510000 Replacing the intake camshaft
S1000RR K67 (OE21/OE23)

Situation: During the production of the intake camshaft, a changed machining coolant occasionally caused localised over heating. The changed surface hardness can result in increased wear of the rocker arms and camshafts over the service life.

Series Solution: Since January 19, 2022, only engines without this fault pattern have been produced.

Service Solution: In all instances in which the vehicles have already been handed over to customers, the customers must be made aware of the situation described above by telephone and asked to have the technical campaign carried out. For vehicles that have not yet been delivered, the service campaign must be carried out before delivery to customers. The intake camshaft must be replaced. Following the removal of the intake camshaft, the rocker arms on the intake side must also be inspected for initial damage and replaced where required.

Great......my bike is on the recall, I've only had it 2 months! Wasn't there a similar problem with the early XR's?

Had my bike since 29th November . They still have it, first I was told they are waiting parts and I recently had an update that the parts have came in but the technician that will work on my bike is about to go on a weeks holiday so it will be carried out on his return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back