Recall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Wull, Throttle bodies out etc? The dealer reckons they should have it back to me the same day so makes sense.

Thank you Wull, Throttle bodies out etc? The dealer reckons they should have it back to me the same day so makes sense.

yeah everything to gain access to the valve cover, rotate engine to TDC lining up the timing marks both on crank and cam shaft gear. They?ll then lock the crank in position then remove the cam once they?ve removed what they need to.

Much appreciated Wull, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm getting them to sort the cush drive rubbers as well while its there. On the bright side, I get to play on their S1000R courtesy bike until its sorted.:cool:

Will mine need this recall then please? new in march 2020. if it does then my bike has been remapped they wont try and do an update would they?
As far as I know, just the one relating to the Inlet camshaft on pre- Sept. 22 bikes. There was an earlier recall on the Camchain tensioner. Put you reg. plate no. in the Recall Checker on the BMW Motoradd website linked earlier in this thread. It will will provide you with any recall campaign codes outstanding on your bike.

As far as I know, just the one relating to the Inlet camshaft on pre- Sept. 22 bikes. There was an earlier recall on the Camchain tensioner. Put you reg. plate no. in the Recall Checker on the BMW Motoradd website linked earlier in this thread. It will will provide you with any recall campaign codes outstanding on your bike.

PRE Jan 22 for Inlet camshaft recall i believe.

**** sake the amount of misinformation is unreal, it?s pre Jan 2022 which has been said a million times, Jan 19th or some shit like that. Bikes built after are fine.

thanks mate, that link wont work for me for some reason, all im bothered about is if they try to update my ecu, i dont want the map wiped

I?d be fine if people would stop posting the incorrect date, the correct date has been stated numerous times.

Maybe the incorrect date has been stated numerous times? With all the dates stated, it's always good to know the correct one ..... Thanks for the info ....

Does that still count if the bike is still under warranty? Not questioning you, I just assumed software updates would be FOC if under warranty?. But then again, it?s BMW lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the subject up on its first anual service in October 2021 and thats what I was told.
I've never had an update to the bike ever.

yeah everything to gain access to the valve cover, rotate engine to TDC lining up the timing marks both on crank and cam shaft gear. They?ll then lock the crank in position then remove the cam once they?ve removed what they need to.

Bike in today for the Inlet Camshaft recall / replacement.........They have discovered excessive wear and scorring on the exhaust camshaft and followers which will need replacing as well......deep joy. Rough estimate is a week awaiting parts, anyone else with similar tales of woe? 12 month old bike with 2k mileage Ffs!

Eventually got my bike back. When I enquired about the work carried out I was told there was a mistake on the clutch cover screws and it?s actually the timing chain tensioner .

Anyone else heard of this ?

Eventually got my bike back. When I enquired about the work carried out I was told there was a mistake on the clutch cover screws and it?s actually the timing chain tensioner .

Anyone else heard of this ?

Easy mistake to make :rolleyes-new:

Easy mistake to make :rolleyes-new:

Exactly Wull!! Not happy at all as I clearly told them I had oil coming from somewhere around the clutch cover. They have Had the bike since November and they haven?t bothered to look into this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back