Recall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro3178

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just incase this helps anyone else out. I was enquiring about the clutch cover bolts and got this reply?.

Hi Peter, the clutch cover screws campaign is outstanding on your bike. When I checked this
it is showing a new campaign for Nov 22 we did not know about, to replace the intake camshaft
and check the followers. This is for all S1000RR K67 made before Jan 22.

I am happy to collect your bike to have this done.

Let me know and I will make arrangements for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Err, so after reading this I found the post that Stu started re clutch cover, where Pedro said he'd been told to stop riding his bike... I've not heard anything from BMW thus far, should i have?

Unlikely to want/be able to ride the bike until spring, which is when it's annual service is due anyway

Err, so after reading this I found the post that Stu started re clutch cover, where Pedro said he'd been told to stop riding his bike... I've not heard anything from BMW thus far, should i have?

Unlikely to want/be able to ride the bike until spring, which is when it's annual service is due anyway

I heard absolutely nothing Rick, I contacted them and asked to check if my bike required anything. That was the reply I got.

They are going to collect the bike and then bring it back when work is completed.

Can?t find anything online about this. Not sure if mine was built before January or not, I?m thinking mine was built February March time.

So i checked it and it does say there is an 'open technical enhancement' on my bike, code 001150000. So maybe if nothing came up for yours, you're ok...

Last edited:
So i checked it and it does say there is an 'open technical enhancement' on my bike, code 001150000. So maybe if nothing came up for yours, you're ok...

How did you check this? Like above it only gives me recall info but nothing for my actual bike ?

Cheers

Yi may need to accept some cookies, else the menu doesn't appear. I chcked it on my phone and it was badly formatted. I've come onto my PC and I couldn't see the menu initially until I sorted the cookies

I put in another bike reg and it came back with this, so the techinical enhancement doesn't seem to count as a safety issue...

Attachments

• Recall3.JPG
    Recall3.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 79
So my bike needs the cam chain tensioner replaced, because there is a risk of it snapping at prolonged periods of revs >10k... so no track days until that's fixed...

I put in another bike reg and it came back with this, so the techinical enhancement doesn't seem to count as a safety issue...

I had to fire the laptop up for it to work. That?s what mine comes up with when I put my bike details in, the pic that you added is what shows for me.

I started a thread about this on 19th October. The bolts were unavailable and my bike was stuck in the dealership for a 5 weeks.

Got it working , couldn?t for the life of me work it out on safari but used google chrome and it worked straight away.

Last edited:
Did you have any outstanding items Wull, we got our bikes about the same time, so maybe they are close in build dates too...

As per https://www.mdecoder.com/ mine was built 31/5/21, which was what made me check if the same issues Pedro reported were relevant to me. Still waiting on dealer coming back to me on what they want to do about the work, already made it clear to them that I do intend to take bike on track so needs to be looked at sooner rather than later.

Did you have any outstanding items Wull, we got our bikes about the same time, so maybe they are close in build dates too...

As per https://www.mdecoder.com/ mine was built 31/5/21, which was what made me check if the same issues Pedro reported were relevant to me. Still waiting on dealer coming back to me on what they want to do about the work, already made it clear to them that I do intend to take bike on track so needs to be looked at sooner rather than later.

none that I can see, just says there is none.

I?ve just checked that VIN thing and mine was built on the 9th of March this year ( 2022 ) so fingers crossed there is nothing to worry about.

What did catch my eye though was the spec list which has the M GPS-lap trigger listed which I hadn?t specced the bike with but purchased a week or so after the run in service was done, at the run in service I had the activation code uploaded as I knew I was purchasing the lap trigger soon after. I?m guessing because it was purchased through the customer account it went on to the spec list of the bike.

Latest posts

Back