Recall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called up to book mine in for a service and MOT and also been told it needs this recall doing. Make sure i get any of the last warranty work done now as its 3 years old in March.

Called up to book mine in for a service and MOT and also been told it needs this recall doing. Make sure i get any of the last warranty work done now as its 3 years old in March.

Always a good idea, but don't BMW usually offer this check with most bikes coming up to 3 years old?

The valve clearances are to be checked every 18,000 miles, I?d fully expect for a decent mechanic to check the condition of the cams whilst doing this, unlike the oil and filter service time is irrelevant, it?s purely mileage related hence why no time is mentioned.

ive got the service plan which isnt exactly cheap and as far as i was aware would cover the valve check, however, as ive only done 7500 miles it wont be checked as its a mileage thing. surely to god im paying extra for that service to of been included, ill be taking this up with them when i go in

ive got the service plan which isnt exactly cheap and as far as i was aware would cover the valve check, however, as I've only done 7500 miles it wont be checked as its a mileage thing. surely to god im paying extra for that service to of been included, ill be taking this up with them when i go in

Can't see you getting very far with that I'm afraid. The valve clearance check and adjustment typically costs nearly as much as the 5 yr service plan alone. Never been that impressed with the service plan - OK they might save you a little bit on annual services over the 3/5 years but it's quite a wad to shell out on top of a new bike. That said I wasn't complaining when I bought a 2 yo car that came with the balance of a 5 year plan :). It's fairly rare for folk to do the mileage on an RR to ever get the valve clearance and 5 yrs service for ?1040, which is amazing value, I'm sure the GS community love that... err, if they even need a valve clearance at 18k :)

Last edited:
I doubt I?ll reach 18k by the time the warranty is up so I?ll just do all that myself. I?ve never understood the scaremongering with regards to it especially on a IL4.

Latest posts

Back