Recall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my bike since 29th November . They still have it, first I was told they are waiting parts and I recently had an update that the parts have came in but the technician that will work on my bike is about to go on a weeks holiday so it will be carried out on his return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camshaft or clutch cover bolts?

My one was down for both mate

Not sure which part was out of stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer got my bike around the end of September, then it had a stop on it for 5 weeks waiting for the clutch bolts. Haven't heard anything about the camshaft yet.

The dealer got my bike around the end of September, then it had a stop on it for 5 weeks waiting for the clutch bolts. Haven't heard anything about the camshaft yet.

September there? Cam shaft should be ok then, going by the recall any built from the 19th of January 2022 onwards should be ok.

What build dates does the clutch bolts issue affect?

Just tried the recall check again and it won?t work on the laptop where it did the last time I checked, I farted about with the cookies etc but no difference. I?d like more info regarding the clutch bolts and the date builds that are affected so I?ll phone the dealership tomorrow.

When was your bike built?

First registered Sept 2021, has done 1800 miles from new. I'm the 2nd owner from 2 months ago...........oh, and the cush drive rubbers are knackered already as well!

First registered Sept 2021, has done 1800 miles from new. I'm the 2nd owner from 2 months ago...........oh, and the cush drive rubbers are knackered already as well!

Bike booked in with local dealer for 17/1, they reckon a full day to complete the camshaft recall and will 'investiagte' the cush drive play issue. I will let you know how it goes.

September there? Cam shaft should be ok then, going by the recall any built from the 19th of January 2022 onwards should be ok.

What build dates does the clutch bolts issue affect?

I don't recall offhand, think it was late September sometime.

Are there different camshaft recalls? Mine was done in with a service the other week. Along with forks out for oil re fresh. And all that didn't take all day.

Are there different camshaft recalls? Mine was done in with a service the other week. Along with forks out for oil re fresh. And all that didn't take all day.

As far as I know, just the one relating to the Inlet camshaft on pre- Sept. 22 bikes. There was an earlier recall on the Camchain tensioner. Put you reg. plate no. in the Recall Checker on the BMW Motoradd website linked earlier in this thread. It will will provide you with any recall campaign codes outstanding on your bike.

As far as I know, just the one relating to the Inlet camshaft on pre- Sept. 22 bikes. There was an earlier recall on the Camchain tensioner. Put you reg. plate no. in the Recall Checker on the BMW Motoradd website linked earlier in this thread. It will will provide you with any recall campaign codes outstanding on your bike.

thought it was pre Jan 22 bikes? The recall thing I posted states bikes built after this date do not have the issue.

My 2020m sport came up with this "Enhancement code INFO773190." Could not find any info on a quick web search. Anyone know what this is about? Already had the cam tensioner done.

My 2020m sport came up with this "Enhancement code INFO773190." Could not find any info on a quick web search. Anyone know what this is about? Already had the cam tensioner done.

Copied from another forum
I came across this post when I googled INFO773190 because it say's it on my invoice paper.

I took my bike in for other reasons and looks like it says they performed a recall for INFO773190.
Says: Installed spacers on oil cooler
and I'm assuming they used 5 of these clips. It says: 5 52-20-1-964-201 CLIP, BLACK:889520

Last edited:
Mine's in for the inlet camshaft recall on Tuesday. Just curious, is it an engine out job or can the camshaft be swapped without?

Mine's in for the inlet camshaft recall on Tuesday. Just curious, is it an engine out job or can the camshaft be swapped without?

can be carried out with the engine in, it?s a simple process, not difficult at all, just a little time consuming removing all the parts for access and setting the timing, I?d expect them to check valve clearances whilst they are doing this as it?s makes perfect sense to do so.

Latest posts

Back