Question for short people.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I?m 5?7 ish and own a gen 3 now I am on my tip toes and I?m not all that confident when stopped. Just the usual moving the bike about sometimes worries me. Does anyone have any tips of ideas on how to help my LITTLE situation. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. I have look briefly at lowering links

Perhaps look for a seat on ebay and sculpture that, saving the original for when you sell.

I am on a gen 3 and just about 5,7" in my high heals ,I do find it a big bike but definitely wouldn't go the lowering route
I think a different seat would be the best bet

Geometry

Be very careful when altering geometry as the Gen 3 is particularly sensitive to changes.

Its 4-5mm and comes in the raised position from the factory on the gen3.

If you flip it you will probably notice a reduction in eagerness to change direction/get into a corner.

- Alex

Its 4-5mm and comes in the raised position from the factory on the gen3.

If you flip it you will probably notice a reduction in eagerness to change direction/get into a corner.

- Alex

Yeah Thankyou.. I think I?ll leave it. Tbh still not used to the bike yet only rode it about 3 times so I?ll see how I feel when I?ve used it more.. it?s more when I?m stopped I?m on my tip toes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Thankyou.. I think I?ll leave it. Tbh still not used to the bike yet only rode it about 3 times so I?ll see how I feel when I?ve used it more.. it?s more when I?m stopped I?m on my tip toes.

I can appreciate the issue. The Gen3 isn't great to manoeuvre especially with a full tank. I've lost count of the times I've nearly dropped it.

- Alex

Yeah I was same on my r1 that was why I got rid.. however the s1k is that little bit lower and just all round so much easier to ride. And a total different kettle of fish.

I went on a BMW offroad course a couple of years ago and the notion of being too short for a GSA was put to rest on day 1. Just by shifting your bum over slightly was enough to get a foot firmly planted on the ground even for the shortest riders. There is no reason to need to out both feet down at the same time when you stop (unless manoeuvring the bike in which case you can do it better and safer off the bike).

Latest posts

Back