My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the case for 2012. Pre 2012 needed all plugs to prevent lamp warnings.

It needs calibrating if you alter ride height in any way(pre-load,change the eccentric shock mount and possibly,though unlikely without the front sensor,fork height)

its for if you alter ride height as in setting your sag or spin the washer on rear suspension you then have to re calabrate it

When you say "spin the washer" are you refering to the pair of castellated nuts usually found on rear shocks ? adjusted with a "C" spanner? my 2015 rear shock has a hexagonal pre load / ride height adjuster that moves the spring collar. Or are you refering to something else.

It needs calibrating if you alter ride height in any way(pre-load,change the eccentric shock mount and possibly,though unlikely without the front sensor,fork height)

eccentric shock mount ?? really?

Todays observations cruise control is wicked for giving your throttle hand a rest and the hp restarts have transformed the bike from uncomfortable to comfortable

If you don't mind me asking cally, how much did you pay, any discount? I've been quoted ?525 for supply and fit at first service next week.
I'm just over 6ft and find it a little cramped when compared to the Blade I had. I done a 230 mile trip last Friday to get me to first service total mileage and noticed I was suffering with aches and cramp in places I've never suffered with before. Having said that though, I didn't won't to go home I was having such a blast on the bike, it was great!!
Never had aftermarket rearsets on a bike before, do they make a marked difference?
Cheers

When you say "spin the washer" are you refering to the pair of castellated nuts usually found on rear shocks ? adjusted with a "C" spanner? my 2015 rear shock has a hexagonal pre load / ride height adjuster that moves the spring collar. Or are you refering to something else.

not sure about 2015, but the others have an eccentric block where the top shock bolt goes through so you have "normal" and jacked up, options probably about 5mm lift

If you don't mind me asking cally, how much did you pay, any discount? I've been quoted ?525 for supply and fit at first service next week.
I'm just over 6ft and find it a little cramped when compared to the Blade I had. I done a 230 mile trip last Friday to get me to first service total mileage and noticed I was suffering with aches and cramp in places I've never suffered with before. Having said that though, I didn't won't to go home I was having such a blast on the bike, it was great!!
Never had aftermarket rearsets on a bike before, do they make a marked difference?
Cheers

hi bill I had 10% discount and paid ?480 they are easy to fit and in my case were money well spent as now the bike fits me tidy and they look the bollox on the bike

If you're not comfortable on the bike then IMO hell yes. They also sell well second hand, so the real cost of ownership isn't bad at all.

hi bill I had 10% discount and paid ?480 they are easy to fit and in my case were money well spent as now the bike fits me tidy and they look the bollox on the bike

Cheers Cally, I've ordered them now, sod the expense, be getting them fitted at first service next Friday. Now, what about those Gilles levers to match lol

I like the Gilles chain adjusters too, had them on my Blade and made chain adjusting piss easy. Modding, there's no end to it is there?

My observations? I picked mine up today and all I can see is a grinning halfwit in the mirrors. Love it :D

(Sorry it's not much of an observation!)

Had mine 2 weeks now. Had its first service and now has chip in it as well as nearly 800 miles on the clock. Evotech levers and tail tidy fitted last night as well as R&G tank grips. Love the pops and grumbles. It's like a petulant child when you roll off burbling away as if to say what are you doing?!
Will hopefully get out to test the levers tomorrow. Cannot believe how much pull it has every gear. Traction control work well in the wet when you get excitable. Paint quality is a bit poor in my opinion. Tank pad is a must. Awesome bike though

Latest posts

Back