My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bananaman - I thought the same - its a 5 second job to soften it all off. You just need to find the menu in the dash. And it makes a big difference. I would set my 2013 to "comfort" settings this time of year so it would ride over all the holes in the roads. Mine is now set on minus 7 (-7) which feels about the same.

Question for any HP4 owners - why does the rear have separate rebound and compression damping adjustment and the front just has it all lumped together under damping?

oldwobbler;4284 Question for any HP4 owners - why does the rear have separate rebound and compression damping adjustment and the front just has it all lumped together under damping?[/QUOTE said:
Because,to use the front sensor necessitates fitting lock stops otherwise the sensor hits the radiator.It's the same on the 2015.

Hi Baz - Sorry I don't understand your answer - but I did not word my question very well!

I'm referring to my 2015 - I understand the DDC is the same as the previous HP4? You alter the DDC settings in the dash. The DDC settings allow you to alter the rear compression and rebound separately. For the front it is not separate - all you can adjust is "damping" which I assume means both compression and rebound at the same time - not separately like the rear. Is that the same as the HP4? Seems a bit limited.

Hi Baz - Sorry I don't understand your answer - but I did not word my question very well!

I'm referring to my 2015 - I understand the DDC is the same as the previous HP4? You alter the DDC settings in the dash. The DDC settings allow you to alter the rear compression and rebound separately. For the front it is not separate - all you can adjust is "damping" which I assume means both compression and rebound at the same time - not separately like the rear. Is that the same as the HP4? Seems a bit limited.

this is the same on the HP4 unless you buy the fork sensor rom 2d or alpha racing

Heres a question, which im sure somone has previously provided clarity on, but cant find it, so...

When the slick plug goes it, the manual says it voids the homologation to ride on the road. What exactly does this mean? Is the warranty voided? Are you not covered for insurance if you have an accident with the plug in?

Heres a question, which im sure somone has previously provided clarity on, but cant find it, so...

When the slick plug goes it, the manual says it voids the homologation to ride on the road. What exactly does this mean? Is the warranty voided? Are you not covered for insurance if you have an accident with the plug in?

In my manual that sentence starts with "The following applies to motorcycles with power reduction" - i.e. restricted bikes. I understand that if you insert the slick plug before the first service the warranty is void. If after the 1st service it makes no difference to warranty or road worthiness.

Think you will find that slick inserted means slick tyres for racing (hence 'slick' plug) it doesn't work before limiter is off so not relevant then but after that it is for 'race' use only with slick tyres on a race track with 'grippier' surface. Don't know about warrenty (shouldn't think so) but defo will void ins on the road

It turns right down the abs and traction control to a limit below what it passed its type approval for. slick plug is what it says on the tin for slick tyres on a race track no extra power just set up for the track. its a big joke at the dealers when they see one inserted on a bike that comes in on a service!

but defo will void ins on the road

I'm not buying that one matey :). Why?

I read that to mean it would be the same as saying that if you turn off TC on your bike (or car) the insurance is invalid. I would agree that if you crashed on a public road and the bike was found in slick mode there may be some questions to answer as to what you were playing at....

Just spoken to my insurer, Bananaman you're getting me worried! They said the slick plug on the bike makes no difference whatsoever to insurance as long as it is not increasing the performance of the bike.

I know that in other countries there are issues with using the slick plug and insurance, but apparently not here. I stand to be corrected.........

Do you not need the slick plug for user settings too? Will get mine fitted at service also, not much point in having anything but rain mode so far as that's all it's done every time ive attempted to go out.

The hugger is awesome. Its so good, I might even invest in a ?250 carbon one :purplebananna:

Don't get me started on the that beef burger plastic tray of a hugger with a BLOODY HOLE IN IT!!!

Lol Marzy, it's useless! Spent ages cleaning the bike then another half hour cleaning my kit.
Of course, that was the day I put on my funky white, non Goretex boots as well :miserable:

Just spoken to my insurer, Bananaman you're getting me worried! They said the slick plug on the bike makes no difference whatsoever to insurance as long as it is not increasing the performance of the bike.

I know that in other countries there are issues with using the slick plug and insurance, but apparently not here. I stand to be corrected.........
Sorry lads, was told that any form of racing voids insurance, slick mode clearly states that it should only be used in 'race conditions' with slick tyres. How you interpret this is up to you, we all know what ins companies are like when the chips are down, please don't shoot the messenger. When all's said and done, do you REALLY need it for the road?, with all the shit on the roads I have mine with as much tc as I can

Sorry lads, was told that any form of racing voids insurance, slick mode clearly states that it should only be used in 'race conditions' with slick tyres. How you interpret this is up to you, we all know what ins companies are like when the chips are down, please don't shoot the messenger. When all's said and done, do you REALLY need it for the road?, with all the shit on the roads I have mine with as much tc as I can

I agree with you. I am lazy and leave my slick plug in permanently just in case I decide to have a go in slick on one of the few trackdays I do each year, if that voids my insurance on public roads (just having the plug fitted) I need to know :).

But unless you are racing on a race track then you're not racing, plug or no plug.

Latest posts

Back