My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a blast around North Wales yesterday which was great even though it was limited to 7k rpm. Having not fitted my Evotech rad/oil guards which came on Saturday, I now have several fins bent over for my eagerness to get out. I'm now also the proud owner of a stone chip in the nose cone and headlight...bastards!! bikes only a week old. Any tips for minimising the look of stone chips apart from painting?

What I did notice is that the cover on my seat has started to roll up after sitting in it most of the day, and it hasn't gone back. Anyone else suffer this?

I also suffered with changing gear from 2nd to 3rd on acceleration as in it wouldn't go in. I'm sure it's me as the demo bike I took out was exactly the same. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Andy but I'm not going to chance it. I appreciate it could be plugged but wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

Had a blast around North Wales yesterday which was great even though it was limited to 7k rpm. Having not fitted my Evotech rad/oil guards which came on Saturday, I now have several fins bent over for my eagerness to get out. I'm now also the proud owner of a stone chip in the nose cone and headlight...bastards!! bikes only a week old. Any tips for minimising the look of stone chips apart from painting?

What I did notice is that the cover on my seat has started to roll up after sitting in it most of the day, and it hasn't gone back. Anyone else suffer this?

I also suffered with changing gear from 2nd to 3rd on acceleration as in it wouldn't go in. I'm sure it's me as the demo bike I took out was exactly the same. What am I doing wrong?

Im beginning to think that the bikes are jinxed

Ok, might be a strange question but my wheels don't have weights on them.
if they require weights when new tyre is fitted, is it just standard stick on lead ones or are there different kinds that can be used?
Reason I ask is that on the last bike I had the weights removed by what looked to be an effort by Stephen Hawkins while lying on a waterbed. Think he used a screwdriver or other sharp object which marked the wheels and went through the paint so I really don't want that happening on the HP wheels.

Just checked mine again mate and no they don't look like yours, which look terrible. You may have a case with warranty.
I have noticed my knee's appear to be eating into the paint on the white infills under the tank.

I've not been on it long enough to see any wear on the sides yet.

Must admit mine is spot on to ride with quick shifter and stuff but chain looks like it could do with a few links out and the paint on the tank is not the best.

Dean

Got my 'secondhand' 300 mile '15 RR delivered by Bob from Coopers Sunderland this morning and at the same time waved bye bye to my '13 RR. A quick spin's confirmed its as awesome as the test bike I rode a couple of weeks ago, as with that bike I can't feel much difference with the DDC v std but properly set up suspension I had on the old bike - what are all those journos on about?? Also as with the test bike the gearbox is superb, either I've been lucky (so far) or maybe one or two people aren't using it correctly..? Lovely light feel to the bike, less weight on the old wrists - bliss :) Just need to get through the pesky running in period pronto. BTW is it childish and irresponsible to release the throttle above 4000rpm and pop and bang the exhaust past old folk walking their dogs...?!!

Haha nope ive yet to try, but can't really get my head round how to actually try pit limiter. I've a fear that I'll get caught out and fall off. Ubber cool

Got my 'secondhand' 300 mile '15 RR delivered by Bob from Coopers Sunderland this morning and at the same time waved bye bye to my '13 RR. A quick spin's confirmed its as awesome as the test bike I rode a couple of weeks ago, as with that bike I can't feel much difference with the DDC v std but properly set up suspension I had on the old bike - what are all those journos on about?? Also as with the test bike the gearbox is superb, either I've been lucky (so far) or maybe one or two people aren't using it correctly..? Lovely light feel to the bike, less weight on the old wrists - bliss :) Just need to get through the pesky running in period pronto. BTW is it childish and irresponsible to release the throttle above 4000rpm and pop and bang the exhaust past old folk walking their dogs...?!!

I had a similar experience with the ddc when I first got my bike. It takes a bit of time playing with the settings and tyre pressures before it feels 'carpet like', but then it is very different from stock.

MacRR - I saw your bike in Coopers when I bought mine. Could not believe someone could pick up a new bike beginning of March and trade it in before the end of March! Wanted different wheels was what I was told? Their loss your gain. Is the original owner on here?
I too can not stop shutting the throttle to hear the noise!
DDC - I tend to use the "comfort" settings on my 2013 this time of year - oil too cold, tyres too cold etc. I've set the DDC to -7 (max) and the ride is now very compliant but does not dive when you hit the breaks hard or wallow in corners. I've thought about this quite a bit and the best compliment I can give it is you don't notice it at all - where as on my 2013 I would often think it was to hard one minute (kicking off pot holes) or too soft the next. So I guess its good!

I keep meaning to read the book to find all the settings out but I start then drift off.
The best thing I suppose is just to try it when I'm out, trial and error for lots of things.

Be careful I tried it on my bike with limit set at 5k, I put it in to first and tried to rev it to 5k and hold the button in at the same time and my head snapped back and I nearly flew off the back of the bike lol

Don't think the pit lane limit joby works until the 1st service. I'll let you know Friday..

That's what I don't want to do lol. I'll watch someone else make an arse of it first.:chuncky:

I'll go out a few more times before I adjust. Been ok with standard settings so far. I take it I have to go to user mode to adjust and keep settings permanently

Back