Moffat - 22nd - 23rd June '16

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be making the run down too. I'll keep an eye on the forum. Find out the meet time for the Thursday.

I dont really know what im doing with this thing... but ive booked the Thursday off... unless its raining ill be there..

stuarts phone

How long will it take to get to moffat from mine Soof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to come up that morning you could head up the A65 and pick up the M6 and do it that way which would probably be as quick as going M62 and round Manchester tbh. I've not done it straight from Leeds so no idea other than what the web suggests time wise. Moffat is only a few minutes off the M6 and finding the center is simple. 2 hours maybe 2 30?

I dont really know what im doing with this thing... but ive booked the Thursday off... unless its raining ill be there..

stuarts phone

am the same stu ,days booked off , hope it's dry.....

As it is 2 weeks from tomorrow I think it is a good idea to get a plan together so folks can make arrangements if they fancy it.

Alex and I will be in Moffat on the Thursday. The rough plan is:

- meet everyone who is joining us next to the main square in Moffat in the morning.
- ride to somewhere at the end of some nice roads for a bit of lunch.
- ride back.

So if that is generally agreeable:

1 - has anyone got experience of a route from Moffat they know is a good un along with somewhere to eat after a hour or so of riding? I was going to suggest the Galloway Forest as that would make a nice loop with somewhere mid way for lunch?

2 - what time to meet in the morning? My thoughts are that we try and work around whoever has the longest journey on the day? Stephen might be the longest at 2.5 hours? Anyone further?

Thoughts?

Sounds excellent Soof... fancy doing a wee google map and post it up with an outline of the route... Ill be there anytime it suits

Last edited:
Ill get you down then Davy

stuarts phone

sweet mate sounds like a plan.

soof I don't know the area at all unfortunately, I always go up never down. would love to do the Galloway forest as I never have.i am happy to meet at any time in the morning as I am only an hour away , hopefully some of the guys further north will pitch in with times.

hi lads, Not been online for AGES!!!! been so mad busy with holidays and other events, ive not been out on my bike for over a month until today when i properly blew the cobwebs off :D.....I am off work that day so i will travel up to meet the gang if thats ok? its about a 2hr ride for me.

Nice one Iain. Was wondering what had happened to you.

Not sure if its a good or a bad thing that you noticed i was missing hahahaha. yeh been manic busy. All ive got to say is WOW the MOTO GP is absolutely amazing. Almost as amazing as it felt getting back on the beast and ringing its neck :)

Not sure if its a good or a bad thing that you noticed i was missing hahahaha. yeh been manic busy. All ive got to say is WOW the MOTO GP is absolutely amazing. Almost as amazing as it felt getting back on the beast and ringing its neck :)

Thats exactly what to do Iain... welcome back btw..

Hi all, as Im quite close and off the week you're all in the vicinity if it's okay I'm gonna try get up and say hi. My brothers over from Australia but hopefully I'll be able to sneak away for a few hours fingers crossed.. 🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back