Moffat - 22nd - 23rd June '16

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
A couple of us will be turning up in Moffat for the night of the 22nd June, next day doing some touring of the Galloway Forest before heading off east.

If any of you want to come along and join us you are very welcome.

If you want to know where we are staying etc then PM only please as this is a public forum and we don't want any tealeaves getting ideas about bikes etc.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Re: Moffat - 22nd June '16

A bit far off in the distance to say for definited but that is not that far from me and an area I get down to quite a bit on the bike so may tag along on the ride for the day time if am not working :)

Nice one Mick, be great if you can make it :). Yes, 6 months away but with the family and business I need to get these trips set in stone early on or there is no chance :)

Looks like I can head down that way too, just for the Thursday ride though, be nice to see your bike in the MotoGP colours.

JimmyMac

Hi soof, like Jimmy I would be avaliable for the Thursday ride can book the day of work it's only an hour from me , would be great to meet a few of you guys, if you want to PM me the details of a meeting place for the Thursday closer to the time that be great.

cheers David

Jimmy & David - great news guys. Looking forward to it.

Thats sounds like a good day, I also live not far from the area and get out quite a bit on those roads so if I can get away from work I will def join you for a few miles.

Thats sounds like a good day, I also live not far from the area and get out quite a bit on those roads so if I can get away from work I will def join you for a few miles.

Excellent. Get it booked in fella!!!

I might be up for it Soof.... let you know nearer the time

Cheers

Stuart

Thats the day booked off and in the diary.

Result!

ok, so there are now a few of us:

moi
alex
jimmymac
david (dl84)
dazzer
mick -maybe
stuart -maybe

Early days so thanks for putting your hats in the ring already guys.

Last edited:

Should be quite the day out :D

(Watching to see who is suddenly busy now my name is down :p )

Last edited:

Can't say really until nearer the time, I've booked in just about all my holidays this year!! I doubt I'd be to stay the night to be honest at the minute, I've never been up that way for a good few years, but I was thinking I might have a ride up via kielder, st Mary's etc on the 22nd for the craic but I'd prob be heading back same day!!

Can't say really until nearer the time, I've booked in just about all my holidays this year!! I doubt I'd be to stay the night to be honest at the minute, I've never been up that way for a good few years, but I was thinking I might have a ride up via kielder, st Mary's etc on the 22nd for the craic but I'd prob be heading back same day!!

Andy - would be great if you came along. Alex and I will be riding back over to Alnwick later that day along the St Marys Loch route after we've all met up and had a bit of a blast, so you could always ride back with us for supper somewhere around Alnwick before the last bit down to Newcastle?

Great roads Moffat - st Mary's lock serious air time my fav rds

Each to their own but that section of road from the Grey Mares tail to Moffat is a pain in the backside, far too many hump back crests :D

Now the section from Moffat all the way up to Edinburgh, well that bit you might as well call the TT circuit of the borders :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back