MCN shoot out

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic but since it's been mentioned....

Where is the best place to look for bike track days? Never been on track on a bike, been to Silverstone F1, Cadwell, Rockingham and Croft in a car which were booked through forums.

Do you just go on individual tracks websites and check or is there a website you use?

Any advice appreciated.
If you've not been on track on a bike before you could do a lot worse than get onto Ron Haslams 'raceschool' at Donington. Its years since I've done it but within the couple of hours you get you'll at least come away a bit wiser before your first track day. Nowadays most track days are mainly populated by track bikes which can be a bit intimidating to the uninitiated as everyone seems to have tyre warmers, toolchests, look like they've just stepped off the BSB grid etc. Don't be worried as it doesn't mean they're quick! But as suggested maybe start on a road bike only event or if not Focused events are a pretty good.

Last edited:
personally I wouldn't bother with the Ron Haslam thing unless you're a complete novice
NL & FE are good for a decent day , would definitely recommend Anglesey and Oulton park as well.

To return to original topic , the R1 is a brand new bike , besides a few foibles and some fancyish suspension the RR is into its 5th year , I would definitely expect the Yam to be top ?
And whilst the ducatis might not be the fastest , that's not really what they are about ( sounds very clich?d that doesn't it) but its true , every single component on them looks bespoke , rather than carry over IMHO

Latest posts

Back