Master cylinder change ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylezx7r

Reaction score
Does anyone bother changing the brake master cylinders or are the OEM brembo M/C good enough.
i changed it on my R1 and it was the best mod I did pound for pound

OEM Master Cylinder

I've done countless trackdays on my BMW and have yet to find a reason to change the OEM master cylinder or front brake discs. I did however notice an improvement in braking performance and feel when I changed the fluid to Castrol React SRF Racing brake fluid and fitted a set of HP Race Brake Pads.

I changed to a brembo rcs19 (18/20). I like it. But I only changed cause my MBC was failing...

- Sent from Mobile

I have a Brembo RCS19 Master cylinder, I also have changed the disks for Brembo T-Drive and the calipers for the GP4-RX, I am using Motul RBF660 brake fluid as well.

Next thing to try are the Brembo Z04 pads (track use only) I will keep the SC pads for road use.

I changed the m/c first and I think it is a worthwhile upgrade. I would change the brake fluid first and see how you like it.

I'm finding the wear rate on SC pads too high. Although they stop well and are potentially gentle on the disc, having the same life as a rear tyre seems on the low side.

- Sent from Mobile

Cheers lads , yeah the fluiod i use is the EBC dot 5 and that in itself is a good change but i'll maybe have a look see if i can find a M/C for the right price somewhere.

Best prices for Brembo are from the Italian dealers on eBay, but now with the Pound/Euro exchange rate, it may be closer.

As always, you need to shop around.

Been racing for 3yrs and think that oe m/c is more than capable. My braking system is all original except for the z04 pads which although are 'kin expensive are great, and last really well....

Been racing for 3yrs and think that oe m/c is more than capable. My braking system is all original except for the z04 pads which although are 'kin expensive are great, and last really well....

So do you race with the ABS still connected up? im going to race it but ive ordered the hoses to bypass the ABS, sometimes its good to lock the brakes when your on the grass heading towards a barrier :nevreness:

I'm sure that is true, I just like the feel you get from the higher end Brembo kit.

I had a full Brembo brake upgrade on my GSXR 1000 and my Aprilia V4 and I just prefer it.

So do you race with the ABS still connected up? im going to race it but ive ordered the hoses to bypass the ABS, sometimes its good to lock the brakes when your on the grass heading towards a barrier :nevreness:

Yep, in user mode u can dial in which abs mode you want from rain to slick to switch it off altogether. Why spend money on by-passing it? I remember when the blade came out with it Ron Haslem said he couldn't beat it but Leon could, good enough praise ....

I'm sure that is true, I just like the feel you get from the higher end Brembo kit.

I had a full Brembo brake upgrade on my GSXR 1000 and my Aprilia V4 and I just prefer it.

Probably 'coz i'm an old git but I prefer to 'feel' my lever, not have an on/off switch lol

Its not an on/off for me. But I am on the 20 setting I believe (more road bias).

- Sent from Mobile

Was exaggerating slighty, From the 2010 to the 2015 many have remarked how 'soft' the lever felt when stationary but I've never had a problem with the lever on track.

Hi, I feel very soft the front lever in my '15 s1000rr.
I' m thinking to change master cylinder to a CNC Brembo 19x18 or to CNC Accossato 19x18,because I really hate that soft sensation, is like you don't have enought brakes and you will die in the next hard stop!!

Do you think this soft sensation will desapear changing master cylinder or is an ABS problem?

Thanks.

Sorry of my english from Spain.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

I bled my 2012 brake system a number of times but it was finally diagnosed my MC was dying. Other OEM?s felt loads better.

I replaced with a 19RCS and with LCF fluid I have a great lever action. Can?t comment on the Accossato but I expect similarly good things. Its worth doing the maths on using a 18/19/20 to make sure you?re not going to have an MC that?s too strong, which costs feel.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Original Nissin master cylinder brakes hard, but is very soft in few laps, soft like you need to brake with de full hand or you can' stop the motorbike from 300km/h.

Problem is in the master cylinder not? Is not relationated with the abs? If I change to brembo or accossato m/c the problem will disapper?

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

It sounds similar to my M/C failure. The more I used it the longer the travel, however brake fade (boiling fluid) is a thing too and you need to be sure that its not that.

I always felt mine was spongy too but I think it may be more to do with my braking technique. Most of the time I?m too smooth on both the throttle and brakes rather than giving both a handful. I suppose that?s not really a bad thing.
Ive had the discs smoking so I suppose they must work ok.

Latest posts

Back