Master Cylinder Adaptor to be used on Caliper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveAnRR

Reaction score
Greetings to all. Is this ok to be used on the caliper to sort of lengthen or reposition the existing banjo on the brake line?

I know it is designed for master cylinders, and a caliper can surely accept it. But won?t it affect the brake function? I?m thinking there will be another 90 degree bend on the path that might affect the brakes.

Anyone knows for sure?

Here?s the adaptor:

https://www.webike.ph/products/23587254.html

Cheers

Looks like this can be done instead of changing brake lines. Any thoughts? Cheers

Brake Lines

Do it properly and fit new brake lines.

Bending a metal weakens it. Do you want to take that risk with brakes?

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Do it properly and fit new brake lines.
That?s the ideal plan. Actually have a custom line already. But if these adaptors are mint, would save PITA opening up the tank.

Also, contemplating to use the adaptors on another bike (GSA)

i've noticed when you ask for advice about things, you never seem to take it on board, or question it with your own idea/opinion, even though the vast majority are telling you something else (can't rememebr what thelast thing was but do remember it went on+on, think it was brake pads?)

they are brake lines, they aren't expensive in the grand scheme of things and you have some already, just fit the proper job, they are the only thing stopping you apart from dragging your feet, which at 100mph+ doesn't really do much, i've tried ;)

i've noticed when you ask for advice about things, you never seem to take it on board, or question it with your own idea/opinion, even though the vast majority are telling you something else (can't rememebr what thelast thing was but do remember it went on+on, think it was brake pads?)

they are brake lines, they aren't expensive in the grand scheme of things and you have some already, just fit the proper job, they are the only thing stopping you apart from dragging your feet, which at 100mph+ doesn't really do much, i've tried ;)
Ban me then for not following your advise hehe

I?m looking for actual experiences that will justify what I plan

And if you read my posts, I already know what you guys are saying. I?m looking for actual experience or study if the adaptor can be used on the calipers. Or expert opinion from a fluid mechanics biker, I?m hoping

Re brakes, yes you could use the DS-1 on the road, even highways, and it doesn?t even need thermal bedding-in. That?s actual experience in a very hot climate. Racing pads like the SBS RST are racing pads way back in the 1990s, and as such are indicated as not for highway use. Now it?s road and track pads

And if you read my posts, I already know what you guys are saying. I?m looking for actual experience or study if the adaptor can be used on the calipers. Or expert opinion from a fluid mechanics biker, I?m hoping

if you want expert opinion, go on face book, it's full of experts.....

as for everything else, i'll do my dragons den bit, "i'm out".

Why would you EXPECT experience of bad ideas? Just because something exists doesn't mean it should be done/used.

You do spout some utter garbage. https://www.sbs.dk/products/street/brake-pads

RST's are Street/Track as defined by SBS

View attachment 6749

View attachment 6750

Not garbage. You research more before you call out anybody because it will just go back at you a 100x more.

There is an article (motorcycle.com IIRC) saying that SBS itself admitted that the RST is SBS? race pads ?For Race Use Only? way back in the 1990s, under a different monicker (not as RST as you imply). Now it?s for Road and Track.

Also, research this?there is a separate testing for road and race pads. Road pads couldn?t be too grabby (too much coefficient of friction).

So you shut up and just ban me

Why would you EXPECT experience of bad ideas? Just because something exists doesn't mean it should be done/used.
It being a bad idea is your opinion. It is actually a GOOD idea because a reputable online seller (CarpiMoto) EXPLICITLY/EXPRESSLY and CLEARLY says on its product pages for ALL SBS DS-1 and DS-2 pads that they DO NOT need any THERMAL bedding-in.

Seems to me to be consistent with the RST being race pads way back and government tests for road pads.

You gotta respect others? opinions bro. You can ban me though, it?s ok. Just here to look for feedbacks on actual experiences, hopefully.

One mor thing, you can test the DS-1 on the road if you like. If you find it not true to what I am and CarpiMoto are saying, just send me the pads and I?ll give you a full refund

I was talking about the adapter for the brake line. No idea why you changed subject half way through.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It being a bad idea is your opinion. It is actually a GOOD idea because a reputable online seller (CarpiMoto) EXPLICITLY/EXPRESSLY and CLEARLY says on its product pages for ALL SBS DS-1 and DS-2 pads that they DO NOT need any THERMAL bedding-in.

Seems to me to be consistent with the RST being race pads way back and government tests for road pads.

You gotta respect others? opinions bro. You can ban me though, it?s ok. Just here to look for feedbacks on actual experiences, hopefully.

One mor thing, you can test the DS-1 on the road if you like. If you find it not true to what I am and CarpiMoto are saying, just send me the pads and I?ll give you a full refund

why would they ban you? if you wan to leave, leave. if not stay, it's not a school playground.
whilst on the subject of pads, again....(why?) from the SBS website.
"
Front ? FOR RACE USE ONLY

DS-2 ? DUAL SINTER

LOGOS 75 NRS.jpg

• The choice of numerous World Champions in Superbike, Supersport, Moto2 and Endurance
  • High-tech sintered compound available for racing & standard brake systems used in racing
  • Smooth initial bite
  • Progressive in-stop performance & brake feel
  • A combination (left and right) of DS-1 & DS-2 compounds makes fine tuning of braking performance possible
  • NUCAP NRS technology secures mechanical bonding

doe that mean you can't use them on the road? no does it ****, does it mean you shouldn't, yes of course it does, will do die in a fiery ball of flames if you do?, probably not, would it be safer to use pads designed for the road as opposed to the track, yes of course it would, will you? probably not.

anyway, stick the topic in hamd, should you bend a banjo bolt? **** me not even gong to bother answering that one lol

Last edited:
why would they ban you? if you wan to leave, leave. if not stay, it's not a school playground.
whilst on the subject of pads, again....(why?) from the SBS website.
"
Front ? FOR RACE USE ONLY

DS-2 ? DUAL SINTER

LOGOS 75 NRS.jpg

• The choice of numerous World Champions in Superbike, Supersport, Moto2 and Endurance
  • High-tech sintered compound available for racing & standard brake systems used in racing
  • Smooth initial bite
  • Progressive in-stop performance & brake feel
  • A combination (left and right) of DS-1 & DS-2 compounds makes fine tuning of braking performance possible
  • NUCAP NRS technology secures mechanical bonding

doe that mean you can't use them on the road? no does it ****, does it mean you shouldn't, yes of course it does, will do die in a fiery ball of flames if you do?, probably not, would it be safer to use pads designed for the road as opposed to the track, yes of course it would, will you? probably not.

anyway, stick the topic in hamd, should you bend a banjo bolt? **** me not even gong to bother answering that one lol

You don?t get me. I?m saying it can be used even if with zero warmup as it does not need any THERMAL bedding-in (as pointed out by CarpiMoto, an authorized dealer; but yes, they don?t sell/market it as for road use, but for Race Use Only). The ?For Race Use Only? is a legal requirement, which in turn is based on the fact that the tests for road pads requires a not too much coefficient of friction. And proof is, the RS/T pads are formerly for Race Use Only in the 90s:

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2016/01/05/sbs-brake-pad-test/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back