Jerez Oct 10-13

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really,if you "v" it,makes turning+gassing for turn 3 hard,patience is key,aswell as a very late apex.

last corner and turn 6 (hair pin) suit it more

not really,if you "v" it,makes turning+gassing for turn 3 hard,patience is key,aswell as a very late apex.

last corner and turn 6 (hair pin) suit it more

Well, not really.

0:19 here. Late apex yes, but you do want to have a straight line out of it.

thats not a v,last corner is the perfect example going in past the apex,stopping it (relativley),turning,on hard gas,if you watch them at turn 2 they tend to slide it in,thats how lowes does it when i'm behind him on track :)

but you cant really compare our styles+cornering techniques to top riders.

thats not a v,last corner is the perfect example going in past the apex,stopping it (relativley),turning,on hard gas,if you watch them at turn 2 they tend to slide it in,thats how lowes does it when i'm behind him on track :)

but you cant really compare our styles+cornering techniques to top riders.

Not sure I understand what you say

Actually I probably do I think. I guess what you mean is that regardless of our current pace, we can take multiple lines and still end up around 1:50, but if we want to be faster we need to do what Canepa does

with regard to the comments about the cable tie on the forks,these things are very very misleading,all it takes is 1 bump on the track under hard braking to give you the impression your using all the tavel,then assuming you need to firm it up,where in reality,it's just the 1 tiny point on the circuit thats giving full travel.
I mentioned in this or another thread the same. I always check where the rubber tie is when I'm looking at suspension travel data and it's so unreliable I think it is a bad idea to use it. I've literally never had a good measurement even by accident. If I didn't have a suspension pot sensor then I would be mounting a camera to watch the fork travel now and intend to do this when working with the guys in the team going forward.

fork mounted cams are awesome (spike has a few vids of them aswell),just shows how much work the forks do,but agree,haven't used cable ties for years,pointless.

Actually I probably do I think. I guess what you mean is that regardless of our current pace, we can take multiple lines and still end up around 1:50, but if we want to be faster we need to do what Canepa does

pretty much yes,certainly at "our" pace, t/day lads doing sub 50's at jerez pretty much use the same lines as a 1.55+ (there are a few turns where they differ depending on braking preference),but it's how they do everything else that's different.when your at the level of low 40's and under,again,there are different styles of riding (some slide it in+out,some straight as an arrow),but there are certain turns that everyone does the same as there is only 1 fast line in+out.

pretty much yes,certainly at "our" pace, t/day lads doing sub 50's at jerez pretty much use the same lines as a 1.55+ (there are a few turns where they differ depending on braking preference),but it's how they do everything else that's different.when your at the level of low 40's and under,again,there are different styles of riding (some slide it in+out,some straight as an arrow),but there are certain turns that everyone does the same as there is only 1 fast line in+out.
Makes aense. What's your fastest lap there?

best lap is a mid 51,was hoping to get a 50 this trip but weather and bent bike shat on that idea :)

i had a highside at oulton the month before,resulting in a bent bottom oke,which i didn't realise when i put it back together,soon realised going gdown the back striaght at jerez though :).annoying thing is i have spares,so the weather being shit was a good thing for me as it meant i didn't really lose any tracktime....thats how i'm looking at it anyway haha

It's a very nice bike though................

haha cheers gobert,i love it,and doubt i'll ever have another bike quite well as spec'd as this thing,in fact the forks and calipers are going on whatever bike i get next!!

Back