Jerez Oct 10-13

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bearing in mind that I haven't even checked the preload,I found the suspension worked very well as standard,but was improved considerably once comp/rebound were separated.
Next stage,when the bike gets home,is a visit to Darren at MCT to see what can be improved.
The gen 3 fork sensor will fit,but it needs to be placed in front of the forkleg(at least there are no clearance issues)and a simple bracket off the mudguard mounting.
The top clamp is fractionally smaller than the fork tube so,ideally,requires a longer screw and some electrical tape to avoid marking the fork tube.
I will post some photos when I get the bike back.

Baz, did you have chance to make photos ?

Really good thread with loads of helpful info guys, thanks. I'm heading out to Jerez in February with Pacedayz and had set myself a target of 1:57, which seems a bit ambitious now that've seen a few others times. I think I'll be happy with sub 2 minutes.

Must've been the same event my mate was at on his V4S with full carbon bodywork and Termi under seat exhaust

NL last weekend..............there were quite a few V4 Ducs there.............first day was fine, got one dry session on day 2 and nothing on day 3.........knocked 1.5 secs off my PB but wanted 3 nice days to work on my riding.

yea wasn't the best was it :( i managed a grand total of 17 laps due to weather and a bent bottom yoke,was like riding a crab :).

shame we didn't get out together Gobert,next time.

with regard to the comments about the cable tie on the forks,these things are very very misleading,all it takes is 1 bump on the track under hard braking to give you the impression your using all the tavel,then assuming you need to firm it up,where in reality,it's just the 1 tiny point on the circuit thats giving full travel.

with regard to the comments about the cable tie on the forks,these things are very very misleading,all it takes is 1 bump on the track under hard braking to give you the impression your using all the tavel,then assuming you need to firm it up,where in reality,it's just the 1 tiny point on the circuit thats giving full travel.
Totally agree, much better to use 2d sensor

I have the Ktech fork travel rings ready to go on, next service

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

yea wasn't the best was it :( i managed a grand total of 17 laps due to weather and a bent bottom yoke,was like riding a crab :).

shame we didn't get out together Gobert,next time.

Yes...........I was going work on a couple of things on the second morning and come and look for you. Got down to 58.3 on the first day and think I'd have got into the 56's pretty easily with more track time. Pretty sure I was the only road bike in Adv2 and I managed to avoid the "slip-of-shame"...........:tennis:

Yes...........I was going work on a couple of things on the second morning and come and look for you. Got down to 58.3 on the first day and think I'd have got into the 56's pretty easily with more track time. Pretty sure I was the only road bike in Adv2 and I managed to avoid the "slip-of-shame"...........:tennis:

like i said,would have been easy to get you under a 55 (i suspect),i bet getting turn 2-3 right will knock a second at least as it effects the next 2 turns,same with the hair pin at bottom of back straight,get the line right out of there into turn 7,then drive into 8 can make a big difference aswell.

like i said,would have been easy to get you under a 55 (i suspect),i bet getting turn 2-3 right will knock a second at least as it effects the next 2 turns,same with the hair pin at bottom of back straight,get the line right out of there into turn 7,then drive into 8 can make a big difference aswell.

I was slow from the exit of 2, through 3 and I was running wide on 4 so I knew I had some time there and I'd only started growing a pair on 11 and 12 by the end of the day........they certainly looked a lot narrower on the BM than they did on my 750.

It was good to meet you anyway.

11+12 are the scariest corners,awesome,but i shit myself everytime i tip into 11 :nevreness:.

will see at another no doubt.

11+12 are the scariest corners,awesome,but i shit myself everytime i tip into 11 :nevreness:.

will see at another no doubt.

I was watching the World Superbike riders on Fiday through there from the grandstand...........so impressive.

I had one dryish session in the last two days...............
That sucks...
I watched Redding's testing 1 week ago at Aragon, rain as well. I guess it's not the season.

October was amazing, 4 days of sunshine

I was slow from the exit of 2, through 3 and I was running wide on 4 so I knew I had some time there and I'd only started growing a pair on 11 and 12 by the end of the day........they certainly looked a lot narrower on the BM than they did on my 750.

It was good to meet you anyway.
2 meant to be slow, as you trying to do V shape with 1000cc.

Back