Is this a good idea?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris87

Reaction score
So its my housemates birthday today and I am thinking of letting him take out my s1000 out for a blast, as part of a birthday present and partly to try an get him hooked and hopefully buy one!!

whats the view of everyone else, is this a good idea?!?!

He has 6 years riding experiance, he rides a SV1000 and a Kawasaki ER-6n on a regular basis and he rode a blade for 3 weeks before it was stolen.... I trust him not to drop it and theres no way rain mode would last, i'm sure he'd change it once he was down the road!

Does his insurance cover him to ride other bikes he doesn't own? Just in case a third party gets involved heaven forbid.

yeah insurance is all good. I'm just scared of loosing my pride n joy which is why i'm abit wary of letting him play with it. But i also want him to fall in love so we can have two in the household!!

Yeah let him av a go mate. Just make sure you keep the keys locked away for ever more.

I let my other (ex) half ride my S1000 before it was run in. Kept it in Race Mode, she Loved it ;D

pretty sure that even if he has his own fully comp ins, he'l only be covered TPFT on a bike not belonging to him..
in event of an accident,yeh youd be covered legally but still left with a bike to repair out of your own pocket (unless he has the ££££ to cover it)
so no,not a good idea IMO.....
as said £15 for dealer demo....easy peasy!! :)

I let my mate have ago on mine,he's been on it twice,as long as he can ride a motorcycle it shouldn't matter,mind you I left it in sport mode,but I bet he changed it once he left lol

Latest posts

Back