HP Wheel Cleaner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spraggy

Reaction score
OK, so I've tried absolutely everything to clean the HP wheels.....
Nothing seems to move the white residue, or it just comes back....
So, after hours.. days... weeks of trying, i've found something that works!

WD40.... spray on a cloth and wipe..... looks like new and stays that way!
added bonus - the thin film of oil (or whatever it is) makes wiping the brake dust / road grime a breeze :)

Hope this helps someone

Spraggy

Yeah - just thought I'd share it - been bugging me for ages
everything looked good, the when it dried.... white residue!
WD40 looks great and the added bonus of wiping brake dust off
Just putting it out there for other users
Spraggy

Wd40 been used for decades to remove oil and grease from wheels and is very effective however it?s a lubricant and really u don?t want it near ur tyres, it leaves a fine residue waiting to slip. But as said it?s been used by many including myself for decades.
I do now use isopropyl alcohol, it?s cheaper , it?s a solvent so evaporates 99%, it?s formed from hydrocarbons and it?s not a pressurised spray so I get it where I want it.
Safer for the environment too

Jay

That's a new one on me lol Learn something every day. Get it anywhere? I like the cheap bit lol

Last edited:
Re: Vulcanet Wipes

These are very good as well and are useful in pit lane especially after a wet session. The only downside is that they are expensive.

http://www.vulcanet.pro/shop/uk/home/10-vulcanetuk.html

I take these wipes in a ziplock bag with me under the rear cowl, think I got two tubs for ?50 at the NEC. They also work fantastically well on glass doors in the house and any other shiny surface.

They are expensive but after watching the guy demo them at the bike show, I knew they would come in handy, which they have.

JimmyMac

Expensive ? Fooookin L !!

A tub of 80 wipes is approx ?35 delivered now

However it does state that 2-3 wipes will clean an entire motorcycle
8 wipes for a medium sized family car

It's the convenience. I've got a full tub to use yet and they have magical reviews

Latest posts

Back