how loose is the rear wheel when nut is slack

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alps Pacino

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could put my mind at ease and let me know if when the rear wheel nut is slackened off there is then a massive 10mm gap between the spacers on the rear wheel and the swinging arm?

Basically what I am asking is does the locking nut have to wind the swingarm in towards the wheel about 10mm before the swingarm touches the wheel spacers?

Just asking cause I've been looking at the play in my cush drives and sprocket carrier and something just doesn't seem right to me. I'm sure all the bike I have ever owned have been when you slide the wheel into place and put the spindle in to tighten it up the spacers are touching or near on touching the swingarm where as on my s1000rr when I stick the wheel in and stick the locking nut on ready to tighten it the whole wheel and carrier can slide along the spindle about 10mm meaning the swingarm has to be bent in to touch the spacers when tightening the main wheel nut.

Could be perfectly normal or could be soething not quiet right.

Cheers

well that's good news I think. One of my cush drive rubbers has split at the little link strip but not sure that would cause any problems really and would still be alright to use?

Yeah didn't think it would make much difference My dealer is ordering me a new set up so will fit them next week then its just getting it back together ready for my ring trip.

Latest posts

Back