Goodbye!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close Stuart, road going version. The track one is no use to me.

I spoke to the stand in salesman and he thought I was kidding when I said there was a new HP4 coming, he then got a tongue in cheek row from his boss who is a friend of mine asking him if he ever reads his emails. I was pissing myself laughing two minutes later when a woman arrived for her test drive in a Mini and my pal knew nothing about it, the woman had emailed him last week and he hadn't read it......

Anyway, I'm going to be the first owner of a road going HP4 from Dundee when they are released next year, couldn't tell me the price as that hasn't been determined yet, but I will post it here when I find out.

I'm hoping it will be in pink and cobalt ( canny see it ) otherwise it will be getting sent up to Bikepaints for a makeover. Watch this space.

Something to look forward to.

JimmyMac

Hi jimmy no the pipe won't fit... for some reason the new bikes have to outlets from the cat !!

They are taking deposits on an unannounced bike? Interesting...

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Close Stuart, road going version. The track one is no use to me.

I spoke to the stand in salesman and he thought I was kidding when I said there was a new HP4 coming, he then got a tongue in cheek row from his boss who is a friend of mine asking him if he ever reads his emails. I was pissing myself laughing two minutes later when a woman arrived for her test drive in a Mini and my pal knew nothing about it, the woman had emailed him last week and he hadn't read it......

Anyway, I'm going to be the first owner of a road going HP4 from Dundee when they are released next year, couldn't tell me the price as that hasn't been determined yet, but I will post it here when I find out.

I'm hoping it will be in pink and cobalt ( canny see it ) otherwise it will be getting sent up to Bikepaints for a makeover. Watch this space.

Something to look forward to.

JimmyMac

Knew you would mate , will be great to see it in the flesh. Just as well you've got a 17 bike garage , with a very dodgy access !

quality jimmy quality, canny wait to see that , will you be keeping the one you have? and where are bikepaints based?

Hi chaps... I'm hanging up my sports bike boots and selling the RR ! Such a beautiful bike but it's just been an ornament in my garage this year and it's a lot of money doing nothing !!!
So the the time has come to join the old farts brigade and get a sit up.... test rode the s1000xr yesterday and loved it proper bit of kit... I have the HP levers and HP rear sets for sale but I was just wondering if these would fit the xr? My rr is a 16... it's also a shame I've only just bought a sc project exhaust for it and it's only covered 30 miles
But anyways I would like to thank all of you for your help over last year... it's been a brilliant forum for me... cheers
Dave.

Sorry to hear your going mate don't be a stranger

Last edited:
They are taking deposits on an unannounced bike? Interesting...

- Sent from Mobile

Didnt take a deposit Alex, just an order. They also told me the same as what you wrote about deposits on the race model, ?500 refundable right up to production date, it is to measure interest and real demand.

JimmyMac

Hi jimmy no the pipe won't fit... for some reason the new bikes have to outlets from the cat !!

The Euro 4 has two outlets, you are right Split. I misread your post, they are keeping the 2016 price. If I were you I would decat the XR and put your new end can on.

JimmyMac

quality jimmy quality, canny wait to see that , will you be keeping the one you have? and where are bikepaints based?
Cupar...Drum Road to be exact Davy. Jimmy gave me the heads up, Ive a panel in the now and will send an infill panel to them this week...outstanding work.. They sorted my carbon belly pan and Sharksgill panel...I would say the bellypan is probably better than new. Its hanging up in my garage as a spare.. heres the web address..
http://www.bikepaints.co.uk/

Sent from Galaxy S7
29f6352e3433f6926ce998e848cbf258.jpg

Last edited:
Aye, one of my pals bought an XR this year and put a decatted link pipe on it and an Akropovic end can, really nice...... sounds sweet.

JimmyMac

Brilliant Jimmy, what kind of money do you reckon they will be after for it and when you reckon they will be available ? I had a sneaky feeling you were going to say a new GS actually.. nice wee surprise there

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
No firm talk on price Stuart but I guess about ?22-?25k. Got offered ?13.2k for my HP4 Carbon with 15000 miles on it. I asked how much would it be worth with 2000 miles on it and was told the same.
Glad I use it and don't abuse it.
Think they will be available this time next year, although when the original was released it was in the showrooms November December time and I had to wait until May to get mine, (ordered on 9th December)
I'm no in a hurry.

JimmyMac

Good news all round. Thats a good price..mine has same mileage on it. I stuck 10.5k on it Sept 15 to Sept 16.. Im like you and use mine .. Love it !

Sent from Galaxy S7

how much would bikepaints charge for a full bike paint roughly guys?

No firm talk on price Stuart but I guess about ?22-?25k. Got offered ?13.2k for my HP4 Carbon with 15000 miles on it. I asked how much would it be worth with 2000 miles on it and was told the same.
Glad I use it and don't abuse it.
Think they will be available this time next year, although when the original was released it was in the showrooms November December time and I had to wait until May to get mine, (ordered on 9th December)
I'm no in a hurry.

JimmyMac

Simon @ AJ said to me this morning that there is nothing official about the HP4 road version so can't put any money down for one. He mentioned that the race version was circa ?70k and would be about late 2017, with the road possibly to follow on from that.

Also he said that HP4 Carbons were holding their money well. :)

Latest posts

Back