Bmw S1000rr Engine in Hillclimb car

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpHillracer

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have just bought an s1000rr engine to replace the k8 suzuki in my single seat hillclimb car. The engine was previously run in an f1 sidecar so I?m hoping all the Ellectrical issues sometimes encountered when trying to run them has been sorted. There has only been one bmw engine run successfully in British hillclimb. It ran in a car weighing 280kg and the engine was bored to 1053 and ran 236 hp on methanol. There will be 3 more engines running next year. The engine has been converted to running on Dta engine management. I?m hoping it will be plain sailing but any advice going forward would be most welcome.

Welcome, I know there was a fellow lurker talking about hill climbing many months ago. Maybe they will see this and say hello.
The Haynes manual is a good source of the electrical diagrams if that helps.

Welcome, I know there was a fellow lurker talking about hill climbing many months ago. Maybe they will see this and say hello.
The Haynes manual is a good source of the electrical diagrams if that helps.

Thanks, yes I think that would have been Tom who is turbocharging his and putting it in a full carbon version of my car. I?m hoping now the engine is not running the bike ecu all the sensors won?t act up and the engine can run happily with the Dta ecu

Latest posts

Back