Slip on / decat / or full system ....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
Just got my 1st S1K, ended up with a pristine Gen 2 at an unrefutably good price...

It's completely stock so I have a long list of mods to do before the sun comes out, but top of the list is the exhaust.

I'm unsure which way to go having only owned Japanese litres before. I was thinking to go with a slip on option, I'm not chasing any more performance just some more noise... Doesn't have to be obscene, but definitely louder than stock. I was looking at the Austin racing GP1R or V3, something from Racefit (always liked Racefit previousy) Short Akropovic or SC Project.

Are there any pitfalls I should know about doing this on the Beemer, and are there other obvious benefits to the other options of decat or full system that I would regret choosing the slip on only? The full system would have to be an exceptional improvement to justify the borrowing to pay for it....

Thanks all !!

Hi ! Extra noise would be minimal without de-cat, with de-cat it's usually a problem to make it quieter lol. Someone will be along who's had/got a gen2 and done it.

I like the aural tones of the Austin Racing slip on or you can hear my SC Projects CRT slip on my Gen 3 here

There wasn't a great deal of difference in sound between them for me. I also added an easy to fit Rapid Bike Easy to remove and clean up the lean fuelling with the slip on can. It took me an hour to fit and I have never had a problem with it in over 12k miles.

Word to the wise, save the new exhaust packaging, it will sell more easily if you remove it and want to later sell it on a certain auction site.

Last edited:
I like the aural tones of the Austin Racing slip on or you can hear my SC Projects CRT slip on my Gen 3 here

There wasn't a great deal of difference in sound between them for me. I also added an easy to fit Rapid Bike Easy to remove and clean up the lean fuelling with the slip on can. It took me an hour to fit and I have never had a problem with it in over 12k miles.

Word to the wise, save the new exhaust packaging, it will sell more easily if you remove it and want to later sell it on a certain auction site.

Thanks for the advice ! ?

Hiya.

So I've been looking further in to this and it appears to me that slip on isnt going to get me where I want to be. The decat option looks the next logical thing but from what I've looked at so far it looks like you have to cut the cat off the headers to make it possible....?

Is this the case? If so it looks like a sizeable job and if going to the trouble of doing that is a full system just a better (albeit more expensive) option all told?

Thanks !

This is a similar dilemma that I am in.

I have a 2018 and not seen many decat link pipes around and also guessing it still needs mapped to run correctly once decatted?

Latest posts

Back