Goodbye!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Split

Reaction score
Hi chaps... I'm hanging up my sports bike boots and selling the RR ! Such a beautiful bike but it's just been an ornament in my garage this year and it's a lot of money doing nothing !!!
So the the time has come to join the old farts brigade and get a sit up.... test rode the s1000xr yesterday and loved it proper bit of kit... I have the HP levers and HP rear sets for sale but I was just wondering if these would fit the xr? My rr is a 16... it's also a shame I've only just bought a sc project exhaust for it and it's only covered 30 miles😂
But anyways I would like to thank all of you for your help over last year... it's been a brilliant forum for me... cheers
Dave.

Hi Dave,

Sorry to read you are going but thanks for being on the forum, 200+ posts is a much appreciated contribution.

I would have thought the levers would fit the XR and quite possibly the rearsets. Your dealer should be able to confirm.

Safe riding and enjoy your new toy.

Ownership doesn't mean you have to leave. :) always welcome here

- Sent from Mobile

Hey Split, you don't need to leave just yet.........

I hang about on the road with all sorts of guys on all sorts of bikes, here shouldn't be different. One day my body will pack up altogether and I'll be confined to watching The Grand Tour from a big comfy sofa but I'll still be sticking my neb in here to take the piss out of big Stuart and anybody else who can take a joke.

Here is is a wee song from another Jimmy to hope you change your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxsLoxbxeug

JimmyMac

lol remember that song... I'll hang about on here then and maybe talk XR shite 😂

lol remember that song... I'll hang about on here then and maybe talk XR shite ��

Good Idea, I had a XR on order for the new model but got messed about by the dealer and delivery/build dates that I cancelled. Im still tempted to order another as they are a great bike. So will be able to talk XR shite with you.

Agree with the comments.. no need to bail out of the forum
.. and Jimmy's body will pack in sooner rather than later from what I can see so you'll be in "reasonable' company if he buys one...lol..

Sent from Galaxy S7

Been up to Bmw today to sort final things out and they say I should have the bike in December but it will be the new 2017 model and at the 2016 price so happy days...

Yes lol I did here jimmy is struggling 

Don't I know it. Managed a blast today though, great wee run around the Fife coast to St. Andrews and then up to the dealers in Dundee. Got my order in for a new bike, better start going to my work. lol

Great to hear that you're staying Split, I'm only on two forums and this one is the best by a country mile.

JimmyMac

Hi I've ordered the s1000xr sport se.. top spec in race red...can't wait!

Latest posts

Back