Forum Meet June 18th

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And one more because our brave pillion should certainly not be left out of the photo's....

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 103
Hi guys and Mrs Mac, great to meet you today and really enjoyed the ride out even though flying Scotsman thought he could fly, redbul gives you wings. No seriously really glad your ok mate and still can't believe you came away without any injuries, from were I was right behind you it looked a nasty one especially when the bike came down on you. When you get it back and have had chance to have a good look around it, if any of the gloss fairings are scuffed, whip them off and post them up and I'll sort them for you.
Thanks to Andy and Mac for organising it, forgot how good the roads are out there.
Have a good trackday tomorow Andy at cadders, it's gunna be another warm one mate.

Thanks Budgie, it was nice to meet you all. I might take you up on the offer :) Only thing injured is my pride & main thing is to get bike back on the road looking like it did before.

Hi guys.

Wow. How hot was that? Talk about sweating your bollocks off. I prayed for no rain for weeks and by lunchtime all I wanted was a shower.

Flyingscotsman, glad you got home and all in a few pieces. I must say it is remarkable that you managed to get your bike upside down in a verge and the damage was superficial. Sorry the roadside repair didn't work but glad you made it home.

Thanks everyone for turning out today. Being Father's Day (not the best of plans by me) wasn't ideal but 10 bikes was very respectable. Good to meet all of you at last.

Now sat in my hotel room, aka the sauna, it's so hot in this bloody room I'll need my suspension reworking tomorrow as I'll have lost a few stones by then.

Cadders beckons for Alex and I. Until the next one.

A big thank to you and Phil for attempting the running repairs! I whipped the belly pan off when I got home & see where the radiator pipe is split. Should be simple to replace.

Hope you enjoy the trackday -looks like weather is holding up for that.

Hi all, just a few lines to say how much I enjoyed our run out around Lincolnshire and finally meeting more of the gang and putting faces to names. A real shame Flyingscotsman had his accident but, as others have said, it could have been far, far worse! The damage does seem to be superficial though and it should't be too long before the bike is looking good again.

I have to back up what Nick said about Mrs Mac or June, as she introduced herself to me. You would't get me on the back of a bike, no matter who was riding it:dread: She did a sterling job of giving arm signals in good time before our next turn, which highlighted the poor rear indicators which are fitted to our bikes.

I have to make my apologies for not getting to our final destination and saying goodbye to the last of our remaining group. For the last 25 miles or so of the run I suffered really bad cramp, firstly in my left hip and then to the muscle of my left thigh. I'm sure some may have wondered why I was hanging my left leg off the foot peg for so long. It eventually got so bad that I couldn't put my foot on the peg at all before the cramps started again. Well I managed a lot of the time by just using the torque and tractability of the engine and just leaving it in top gear for as long as possible. Then I started using the heal of my boot to make the changes I had to. The long and the short of it was that I started to drop behind a bit and to be honest, by now, wasn't enjoying the ride too much. When I saw the sign for the Humber Bridge the urge was so great I just couldn't resist. I arrived home ok at 6.00 worn out to be honest, and just wanting to get my leathers off and have a cold shower.

So yes I did enjoy the day out and would like to do it again sometime in the not too distant future (but without the cramp)

Update on my flying escapade:

Got some parts from BMW: radiator hose & new mirrors. Bike is now sorted & running. Some cosmetic scuffing to the bellypan but otherwise all good. Ran a GS-911 scan & no codes showing.

I have a question about the two drain hoses in the bellypan: one is coolant overflow. The other I am guessing is the fuel tank overflow? This one is dripping a little fuel, but probably to be expected given bike was upside down for a while.

Sounds like you had a brilliant day then lads, even with a wee spill thrown in.. looks like your on top of the repairs then Flyingscotsman. No fault codes showing is even better. At least you kept the tradition going with a Scot hitting the skids lol.. as Jimmy Mac says we can have a laugh as long as no one was hurt, I'd take a hit in my pocket over an injury everytime mate..glad your OK.

Wished me and Jimmy could have made it in his tranny van, but I know fathers day was important this year.

Anyhow be great if there was another meet this year...any plans Mods ?.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just found out my mot ran out at the end of may. Oops. Done about 500 miles since then. Quite lucky ive not been pulled. Only found out because they couldnt automatically renew my tax.

Just found out my mot ran out at the end of may. Oops. Done about 500 miles since then. Quite lucky ive not been pulled. Only found out because they couldnt automatically renew my tax.

Got this little beauty whilst travelling to London at Christmas Snow, funnily enough the Cop knew I was an ex-copper and spent ten minutes chatting about guys we both knew and bikes before handing me my early Christmas prezzie.

I was still laughing about it when I got to London the next morning, coming from a small town it isn't unusual to lock someone up, fine them or the like during the week and then have them buy you a pint on the weekend, it is very easy to forget tax, MOT etc now with the busy lives everyone has.

Ride safe and I hope to meet up at the next forum do.

JimmyMac

Haha he could of let u off. He'll have to buy u a fair few pints to make up a ?100 fine.

I'm happy to head from the South on the Saturday. Stay in Lincs Sat night, sunday, then head to Cadwell.

Amit and other southerners, we could get people to rendezvous on the A12 - we could then bomb up the Essex, Suffolk, Cambs, Norfolk roads to Lincolnshire....

I?m up for this next year if it?s open to new members?
Does the forum get a discount or preferred bookings for BMW Trackdays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's open to anyone who turns up, ideally on an S1000RR of course (cough!) Trouble was the event this year coincided with it being 34degC AND Fathers Day, good to catch up with everyone and worth doing despite that though. I dare say something will get sorted once we're into the better weather next season.

It was a good day Mac and well organised mate, I'm sure you'll be invited even tho you've bought some inferior Japanese thingy, I'll bring some bmw decals and sticker it up while your not looking matey lol

Funny that, you read my mind, it'll pass for Alex's old black and blue gen2 - just more reliable, and faster.... :sneakiness:

I’m up for this next year if it’s open to new members?
Does the forum get a discount or preferred bookings for BMW Trackdays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. When the next one is decided there will be a thread put up. Usually around a dozen or so make it which is great and all members (and friends) are welcome. Somebody invariably manages to fall off which is a trend I would be pleased to see ended :), although it has not been serious injury wise, so it may persist for comedy value perhaps?

There is no affiliation between the forum and bmw uk so unfortunately no discounts on bmw trackdays. If anyone knows a TD organiser who wants to do something with us then I am interested. We do have close ties with the BMW Club road bike only trackdays organised by bins on here the secretary. Robert ensures the forum gets a reserved garage but no discounts. Worth a read in the trackday section if you are a casual trackdayer with a road bike and fancy tracktime. Good way to meet other forum members too.

It's open to anyone who turns up, ideally on an S1000RR of course (cough!) Trouble was the event this year coincided with it being 34degC AND Fathers Day, good to catch up with everyone and worth doing despite that though. I dare say something will get sorted once we're into the better weather next season.

Inadvertently choosing fathers day was a big mistake on my part, and it turned out to be the hottest day of the year. Lots of traffic and heatwave, not the best.

Latest posts

Back