Forum Meet June 18th

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having had a quick look through the thread:

Freudy
Maddogswean
Nick
MikePotterr

Are you coming along :) ?

Luton start point is;
BP Garage, Barton Rd, Luton, LU3 2BL
Roundabout with Grasmere Rd. 7:50 am pls.

And for my own ailments I'm still working on my gimpy foot I can't walk on :/

- Sent from Mobile

Hi Team, yeah I'll see you all for a coffee in Grantham at the Kawasaki garage and then take a ride with you all down the 6047 for a bit but will head on home into Northamptonshire from Harborough way rather than go back up toward Mkt Rasen....

Looking forward to seeing you all (it's a great opportunity to scrub in my new Rosso 3's that have only done 30 miles!)

N

I was going to surprise you by turning up assuming the bbq planned on saturday doesn't turn into anything more than civil. Just for info, Squire's have a Yamaha test ride day on Sat/Sun as well. Depending on the time, I might try and call in on the way back.

Have a great weekend everyone and I hope the meet goes well :).

Will look forward to hearing about it and seeing some photos!

I was going to surprise you by turning up assuming the bbq planned on saturday doesn't turn into anything more than civil. Just for info, Squire's have a Yamaha test ride day on Sat/Sun as well. Depending on the time, I might try and call in on the way back.

Does that mean u know your way back from where we are heading? I'll tag along if thats ok as long as its the squires at sherburn haha

Does that mean u know your way back from where we are heading? I'll tag along if thats ok as long as its the squires at sherburn haha
I only know the car drivers way to squires, via the m180,m18,m62 and a1, so it'll be a bit of a boring run. If i take the sat nav it's has a 'plan a thrilling route' option, but i think that'll be even more boring for you having to watch me peddle round corners. :)

As long as i make it back to somewhere i recognise im a happy guy

Yep, just driven back from a BBQ along the B6047, thankfully its not melted, 28deg C here today

Ok, final decision, I'm out. ☹️[emoji31]

My foot is improving but I cannot believe that 2 long days in boots will aid recovery.

As such with the hotel and trackday bought and paid for, I've decided that I will prioritise getting to that. Might need yhe hotel to have an ice bath ready for me.

I'll probably ask Soof for updates on your collective progress, as at some point I'll be up north!

Mac, if you can send me the route and thoughts on timings that would cool. Maybe I can intercept on the A1 blast.

By missing out on the meet I can start at 2pm instead of 6am. Which will reduce my riding time and boot time considerably.

Sorry, but at least this time I'm not just breaking down at random.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Morning Team,

I'll be waking up shortly, after another coffee and heading up to Grantham for some more coffee with you guys - hopefully the meet is still on!

N.

In Luton BP.... waiting for the FlyingScotsman.... hope he is not flying there and left me here.... see you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All together first thing today.
acd28e227c41f62dc2221a1e0f72b845.jpg

And then there were 9.

049834ba45631e6c3de70dce1d47f46b.jpg

f95348c395d49a4eea4e681d53181e4a.jpg

Fantastic to meet you all team!

I really enjoyed my ride out today.

Glad the Scotsman is in one piece (he really can fly you know) and stick up a post on here when you get home old son!

To the rest of you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cheers to Soof and Mac for organising...

Nick

I'm back home safe and sound ... hopefully our resident grass trimmer is safe too.

Thanks for a brill day out, fantastic scenery, roads (even if the corners were a bit too cornery for me at times) and it was a pleasure to meet you all.

right, on with father's day now :)

Cheers guys had a good day, weather was awsome apart from the feeling of getting the leathers on and off.

Hope you got recovered ok with the new improved 2019 upsidedown s1krr.

Shame I couldnt come to Cadwell/Willingham woods when its my local roads :(. Best get ready and go to work in an hour.

Latest posts

Back