First time out today.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn

Reaction score
Hi all been out for a few hours today for the first time on my 2012 s1k and all i can say is what a bike left work at 12ish and got back home at 4 30.The only problem i had was when braking hard into bends and coming down through the box is it felt like their was no engine braking is this the slipper clutch?

Yes Glenn its the slipper its a bit unnerving when you've not experienced one before but I wouldn't have a bike without it now.

I could be wrong but doesnt it open the throttle slightly in slick mode to kill the engine braking?

Don't think so it wouldn't need to as its got the ramp and ball clutch. The KTM RC8 does because its doesn't have a slipper fitted.

I could be wrong but doesnt it open the throttle slightly in slick mode to kill the engine braking?

Pretty certain that is true. Certainly felt mine "surge" a couple of times today. I ride in slick 100% of the time.

Thanks unionjack i agree it's really good and forgot to mention i was in race all day,it just did not fill me with much confidence that's for sure.The traction kicked in loads today going over crests when the bike was wanting to wheelie but not to harsh which i was worried about,it also stopped the back wheel from getting out of shape exiting two corners one had a bit of winter gravel the other probably my ham fist.

Latest posts

Back