Few issues, advice welcome

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniMee

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me with a few problems I have with my 2012 S1000RR, those being

1) My rear break does not work at all, tried bleeding it but still nothing works, though it seems to bleed fine, someone told me last night that the bike needs to be running and then it will be fine?

2) Selecting neutral while the bike is running is a real pig, fine when the engine is turned off, again someone told me that such a thing will be ok once it has had a service, which is now due?

3) Put a full Arrow system on the bike, ever since the electrics have not been the best, as in it takes a bit longer for everything to line up and then I am ok to start the bike, have also had an error code pop up but not that often, that being EW5 or EWS??

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with the above

2) 2nd to N works best stationary but it's a feature on all. Selecting N whilst moving gives best results.

With regard to the rear brake, (assuming you have abs) my old one 2010 bled up normally when I reinstalled the standard lines, I didn't need to run the engine/pump. I think I used a syringe from the caliper up to expel any air from the abs modulator. Don't worry about the fronts, the fluid for front and rear don't mix inside the modulator. Sounds like possibly a bit of air in the system.

With regard to the rear brake, (assuming you have abs) my old one 2010 bled up normally when I reinstalled the standard lines, I didn't need to run the engine/pump. I think I used a syringe from the caliper up to expel any air from the abs modulator. Don't worry about the fronts, the fluid for front and rear don't mix inside the modulator. Sounds like possibly a bit of air in the system.

Well, turns out that with the engine running it did bleed up normally, but thanks for your help

2 - yep, have the same issue with finding neutral. As mentioned, when rolling along, it goes into N easily, but when stationary, its an absolute pig. Just "the way they are."

As for the rear brake, they aren't very good, but should work even a little...

Latest posts

Back