M GPS data logger issue!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie_83

Reaction score
Hello,

Been a while since I've been on here as I went to triumph then realised I preferred the BM so I bounced right back :shame:!

Anyhoo I'm having a spot of trouble with the 2D M GPS data logger. Cant seem to make it work - no data logging or dashboard timing.
Iv had the bike programmed at BMW dealer and I now have the option to select manual or external trigger in dash settings (external selected).
The module is all fitted correctly via the obd and power line, The usb Stick has been initialised and the 2D system has had the licence activated too.
Both tracks I tried its been non functional (the timer wont even start) and both tracks are embedded on the 2d data logger so I assumed it should just start when I pass the trigger point.
I can read gps coordinates if I plug the bike into the laptop and the gps receiver blinks an even red light.

I feel like I've missed something glaringly obvious here! :witless:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

are you the guy that was at Angelsey when torr rang me?

On a side note, the USB stick needing initialised is a myth, when I fitted mine to the bike I left the USB stick in place and when I finally got round to setting it up it had recorded every single ride I had been on, and because of that I missed out on 2 track days full of data because the memory was full.

Im guessing you?re getting the plug sign on the dash when you are in ride mode pro?

On a side note, the USB stick needing initialised is a myth, when I fitted mine to the bike I left the USB stick in place and when I finally got round to setting it up it had recorded every single ride I had been on, and because of that I missed out on 2 track days full of data because the memory was full.

Im guessing you?re getting the plug sign on the dash when you are in ride mode pro?

I've been having a look in the owner manual and if its the plug symbol I think you mean then its just to show you are in pro mode, I have been able to check my vehicle order / option list and I do have 018F M GPS-laptrigger. Maybe the emergency e call needs deactivating as it say to do for racing ? I'm not too sure

You might be right but I?m fairly certain I never had that symbol until after the activation code was uploaded by BMW, before that when in ride mode pro the symbol wasn?t there.

Sounds like everything is in place. Which track did you go to when it didn't work? As it won't do anything on the road.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

The more I think about it the more I come to realise that I can?t even remember whether it was there before the activation code was done, so it probably was there and I just never took any notice.

Iv tried it at croft & Jerez. I have a few more UK tracks booked in the next few months so I can test there but I'm going to see if I can make a track around my estate with the gps coordinates so I can test it quickly as apposed to waiting for a track day.

Think I'll try resetting the 2d logger to factory settings, hopefully that will do the trick

Not that I want to rub salt in your wounds but even when my GPS mouse was stowed away under the pillion seat it was still getting a GPS signal and showing all the rides that I had done up until the memory stick was full.

Little update,
I contacted 2D data logging company and they were very helpful. They connected to my bike, checked it out and uploaded some software to the module and it should all be good now, I was able to see all the bikes sensor readings through the laptop. It took them no more that 5 minuets to do it.
I'm absolutely blown away at how helpful they were.
I just need to test it but I'm confident it will work.
Thanks for all the input guys

Must have been something obscure. Glad you got it sorted.

What address did you contact because I got a logger which BMW UK say I can't use with my '23 plate... Because its been used on a '20 spec. Which is BS...

Has anyone not been able to get the 2D system to work (other than me)? I?ve had 2D and HM Racing look at it and no joy.

Any tricks I?m missing? It was triggering the lap timer but doesn?t save last or fastest laps and delta etc.

Mine works fine now. Had 2D do a session on it. Dashboard is triggering as expected.

What year of bike?
I assume the trigger is set to external.
Have you cleared all the data off the logger and the bike?

2D Laptrigger

Check in the dash menu that it?s set to trigger external and you have cleared all the data on the logger.

Mine works fine now. Had 2D do a session on it. Dashboard is triggering as expected.

What year of bike?
I assume the trigger is set to external.
Have you cleared all the data off the logger and the bike?

2021, it?s had the unlock code installed and all set to external trigger etc. I have cleared the data on the dash, can?t recall if I did the logger.

Will try that and see if it works when the sun comes back out.

I just returned from Almeria. The setup worked most of the time but the gps and dash did some odd things too.

I found a few laps didn't trigger so the timer continued for 2 full laps. I also ended up with a 41 second best which I could not clear from the dash independently in the menu for no clear reason. It went when I cleared all the laps. All a tad annoying. I would tend to clear all at then of each day. I wish I could delete individual laps. I wish the GPS wouldn't sometimes do odd stuff...

But overall it works OK. I will reserve judgement for a GP track.

I just returned from Almeria. The setup worked most of the time but the gps and dash did some odd things too.

I found a few laps didn't trigger so the timer continued for 2 full laps. I also ended up with a 41 second best which I could not clear from the dash independently in the menu for no clear reason. It went when I cleared all the laps. All a tad annoying. I would tend to clear all at then of each day. I wish I could delete individual laps. I wish the GPS wouldn't sometimes do odd stuff...

But overall it works OK. I will reserve judgement for a GP track.

Thanks for the feedback, it is frustrating but sounds like I?m not alone!

Latest posts

Back