Cutting out

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro3178

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot here but hope maybe someone has an idea what the issue could be. I have had my gen1 RR for just around a year now with no issues what so ever, this might just be total coincidence but she went in for her MOT ( no work done ) but when I got her back I just felt she sounded different and felt different, again , this might just be me. Anyway , my issue is that when coming off the revs the bike cuts out completely, dash still lit up, this has happened twice now on separate rides, at first I thought it was just me and let it go but now it?s done it again and there is no way I?m taking her on the motorway just now!

For the MOT she failed on number plate light, I didn?t even know this wasn?t working, when inspecting the wires looked like they had been snipped, the led wasn?t working anyway so I replaced the led and repaired the wires ( all working ) . One thing I noticed today when the bike cut out, I turned key off then ignition on and the warning LAMP was displayed. Put bike in neutral, rode home, ignition off, back on, no warning and all bulbs are working fine. The warning light is still off.

Does anyone have an idea what could be going on ?

Similar cutting out issue a while back. Put it down to bad riding at first ( :glee: ) but then made the connection to using E10 fuel from a particular petrol station. Stopped using that fuel (from that garage, sometimes it's the only option!) and it's not happened since.

Similar cutting out issue a while back. Put it down to bad riding at first ( :glee: ) but then made the connection to using E10 fuel from a particular petrol station. Stopped using that fuel (from that garage, sometimes it's the only option!) and it's not happened since.

Unfortunately I?ve only ever used premium and not E10. Many thanks for the reply though.

Sounds coincidental, MOT then this, did it just happen immediately after the MOT when you were riding from the garage ?...

I usually stay with my bike, run it onto the rolling road and flick through the lights, indicators, brakes etc for the tester..or did you leave it with them ?..

Probs need a bit more info...also worth a quick check on the side stand cut out switch make sure that's functioning correctly.. I doubt it's that but just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Sounds coincidental, MOT then this, did it just happen immediately after the MOT when you were riding from the garage ?...

I usually stay with my bike, run it onto the rolling road and flick through the lights, indicators, brakes etc for the tester..or did you leave it with them ?..

Probs need a bit more info...also worth a quick check on the side stand cut out switch make sure that's functioning correctly.. I doubt it's that but just a thought.

Thanks. Just checked the side stand and it?s working as normal. Your probably right on coincidence but I did leave the bike with them. My other bikes have had mot there with no issues. The bike has a full Austin racing exhaust system and Dynojet power commander V fitted, don?t know if this matters but thought I?d mention. This was always on the bike, not fitted by me. The only thing I have done recent is install Philips bulbs but can?t see that cutting out the bike! Oh, and fixing the number plate wiring

The bike didn?t cut out straight after mot but I took it straight home which is only a 10 min ride. It was the next time I took the bike out it happened, bike was running for say 20-30 mins before it happens

Anyone local to you got a GS-911 Diagnostic tool ?... I'd get a hold of one if you can, that fault will be registered and likely help point you in the right direction..

on mine the power commander is fed off the back light is that connection ok?

on mine the power commander is fed off the back light is that connection ok?

My one doesn?t seem to take power from there. The power commander sits on top of the alarm , the wire harness runs down left side of bike, one part tails off into the neutral of the battery then the harness continues down the left side somewhere.

I have a power light illuminated on the commander but the status light doesn?t light up , is that normal ?

Took her out another run today, was riding for around 15-20 mins, everything fine, a van was approaching a give way and could clearly see he didn't see me in his mirror so dipped the clutch to give some revs and she instantly cut out on me! Thank fully I could safely pull to the side, into neutral and she starts no problem. Extremely unsafe so will not be taking her out again until I get to the bottom of this.

Could something possibly have happened at the mot garage with regards to emission test? or possibly taking the P*** on the revs? just seems too much a coincidence as bike was perfect before this.

Latest posts

Back