Extended Warranty

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavis

Reaction score
My 15 is out of warranty, I've had the call from BMW and having spoke to them here's where I'm at. Warranty can be purchased with a ?100 excess for about ?31 ish at a special price just now . I said I don't ride all year round so would I be able to cancel in October and renew again in April? Yes was the answer but not at that rate , ok how much then , about ?2 a month more. Sounds like one of those too good to be true deals or am I missing something?

If you get it in writing there's no catch, surely!

Sounds like a good idea.

- Sent from Mobile

I'll be extending the warranty on my 15 in the not too distant future, was quoted ?500 for the year.

As Alex says if you get it in writing then there's no if's or but's.

I also am of the opinion it's a good idea to extend the warranty, as you could very quickly cover the cost with a claim or two

Just paid ?384 for my 2014 purely for peace of mind, the year before it was also under the warranty that was put on for me when I bought it "used approved" and it was well worth it when I came to service it as they needed to replace the head bearings and also the sump, cost me nothing whatsoever.

I'll be extending the warranty on my 15 in the not too distant future, was quoted ?500 for the year.

As Alex says if you get it in writing then there's no if's or but's.

I also am of the opinion it's a good idea to extend the warranty, as you could very quickly cover the cost with a claim or two

*** Correction, I've just paid ?380 for the year with roadside assistance and a ?100 excess

Mine was registered 15 and just paid ?386 with no Excess.

Thank you for letting me know, I've got 14 days to cancel/haggle to see if I can get a better price.

Either way I'm definitely having the extended warranty just for peace of mind if a major fault occurred (engine or DDC).

Thanks again

I've just renewed mine today. I did not think this was a price you could haggle on as it all looks standardised. Anyway prices:
without Emergency cover:
?0 excess , ?393.79 pa or ?36.82 pm
?50 excess, ?362.08 pa or ?33.76 pm
?100 excess, ?335.48 pa or ?30.08 pm

with Emergency cover:
?0 excess, ?452.09 pa or ?41.94 pm
?50 excess, ?420.39 pa or ?38.89
?100 excess, ?393.78 pa or ?37.85 pm

I have been debating if this is worth it but went ahead today and got the policy docs through. What I wasnt aware of and not sure if you guys were to but there is a max claim limit of ?1000. Does that not now seem poor value? A ?400 premium for up to ?1000 of bills.

If something went wrong and cost for example ?750 you would be ?350 ahead by taking the policy. If something a bit more serious goes wrong and there is a ?1500 bill the warranty will pay ?1000 and you will have paid ?400 plus the remaining ?500 so ?900 in total!!!

Is that just parts? Labour? Total?

As if a valve broke and got mashed in to the head I'd be expecting total coverage.

I have now reread. And I`m being a tube. Its the insured value of the bike or ?1000. Which ever is the greater :stupid:

Last edited:
Yea mate it covers the cost of repairs... I dont recall any limit on the likes of a major component failing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back