de-cat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mart

Reaction score
i did'nt fancy going down the dan-moto route so i've made my own..

zorst2.png

zorst.png

just need to tig weld it up at the weekend and the jobs a fish.....

Can I ask why you didn't want to get the danmoto one?
I'll be looking to get some 2010/11 headers soon aswell as the Dan moto If I can't find a full shorty Akra system.

just mainly because i could mate... worked it steel fab for a few years on and off doing this sort of stuff and being as i've got the use of a tig plant i thought why not..

ordered 2 lengths of pipe with 45 bends in um..

2014-02-19094934.jpg

chopped um to length..

2014-02-19135214.jpg

little bit of nip n tuck and an o2 sensor bung for the bazzaz...had to give the headers a bit os scotchbrite n solvo tho...there wer mank..

2014-02-25112909.jpg

see how it goes and i might knock a few up if i get enough interest...

plus i decided to mount the can on the outside of the peg so i can get to the back of it and the swingarm to clean easier..

2014-02-19172826.jpg

just needs a couple of springs to pull it all together and bring the end can more inline with the seat subframe...

2014-02-28111222.jpg

2014-02-28111300.jpg

2014-02-28174300.jpg

and i must say it sounds like a volcano sh#ting thunder now....like it should...

a bit better pic of it now that its all sealed up and the springs in place.... pulled the can inline with the seat subframe like i wanted it to...

2014-03-03142355.jpg

2014-03-03142417.jpg

Can I ask why you didn't want to get the danmoto one?
I'll be looking to get some 2010/11 headers soon aswell as the Dan moto If I can't find a full shorty Akra system.

I'm on a few other forums and I'm pretty sure I read that on the danmoto ones, there's a kind of u shaped bracket welded to the decat pipes. I think the bracket is meant to secure the decat to the underside of the sump. But it doesn't fit/line up well.

Really, really nice job mate. I replaced my cat and I had real trouble getting the remains of the cat out of the endss of the header pipes! They don't tell you that in the instructions. Then I found it really hard to get a completely airtight seal between the headers and decat. Finally, it really messed up the fuelling - did you fit a PCV or Bazzaz? And yes, the noise level increased....a lot:)

By aligning your can in the way you have, if you have a noise issue, say you wanted to ride on a track, then you have given yourself the option of fitting a longer can which quietens things down sufficiently. So very nicely done indeed.

If there would have been someone I could have sent my headers off to and got a complete system back, accurately welded together and aligned correctly, witht the option of long or short cans, knowing what I know now, I would have bitten your arm off!

From Dano "If there would have been someone I could have sent my headers off to and got a complete system back, accurately welded together and aligned correctly, witht the option of long or short cans, knowing what I know now, I would have bitten your arm off!"

Mark Hill (MHP exhausts) does this option. He welds de-cat pipe to headers (so presumably it could be 2012 headers too) and then there is a link pipe to a can - his cans are 102db for track day testing or avalable with adjustable baffles too.

cheers again... i'll be making a DB killer to go inside the link pipe at some point..i think as it is now i'll be laughed at when it goes for noise testing..

to be fair i very nearly started making a few of these while works slack..only the sun came out, so there was only 1 thing for it..get the bike out..

the bike came with a pcV fitted, only i'm a bazzaz man and i've already got the selftune to run with it so thats what its running now...

Sweet job Mart. Not being a tig welder myself I opted for the Danmoto route. Dano - I didn't have any trouble with the alignment of the bracket on my Danmoto link pipe to the underside of the bike. Got no PCV or Bazzaz on mine either but I run it on super unleaded and have a K&N fitted - seems super smooth but still probably heading to Hilltop for the remap when the weather lets me get out.

Latest posts

Back