Prospective owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliverRR91

Reaction score
Hi,

My names Ollie, from Cambridge.

I'm considering buying an S1000RR 2015 onwards. I've had numerous GS's and admire the build quality of BMW. I have owned several i4 sports bikes but not for over 5 years; such as 5PW R1, K1 GSXR1000, ZZR1400. Most recently had larger touring bikes and twins such as a Monster 1200R, which I sold...now miss. The other bike I fancy is a 1299 Panigale and I'm torn between both.

I find myself riding less and less and wonder if something sporty will get me going, and consider track days which will make me create time to ride, and ride with intent.

I'm 6ft2 and not built for little bikes, found the Panigale a slightly comfier position on my knee's..but know the Ducati will cause problems on track..maybe I need both..if only.

go to a bmw dealer and get a test ride,plus they do 2yrs bmw warrainty on s/h bmw,i went out on a M1000r TODAY what a brill bike,except the mirrows on the end of the bars i couldnt see anything a total waste of time,but apart from that it was a great bike,i also took out a MT10 what a NICE PEACE OK KIT, the engine is just nuts,so im tore between the 2 my days of riding a full on sport bike are over,

Tall seat options and helibars can be transformative for taller riders.

Welcome

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

My Panigale 1199 Tricolore heats the seat and that alone can make it uncomfortable. It's just a stupid design. My RC8 has no such problems. As a road bike the my 2018 Gen3 is brilliant, but so is my R1 4XV that cost ?3k. Of all my 4T's the most enjoyable on the road is the KTM, the Ducati gets the most attention, then the R1 which is a big comfy thing compared to the others. You can also boss it about as there is enough power to be quick without getting into too much trouble. The BMW attracts the least interest.
I enjoy all of them in different ways. If I had to have just one of them; enjoyment/? the R1 wins: Technology/? the BMW. I can ride the R1 close to it's limit, the BMW laughs at my riding skills and my pathetic attempts and coming close to using it's potential even with all the rider aids. The Ducati and KTM are similar to ride, KTM is so quirky looking I just have to keep it.
Test ride a few different ones and go for the one that feels the best. I rode a Gen4 and didn't like it one jot. Others love them. If all else fails buy them all :)

Test riding them all would be the ideal scenario, but I think you won?t go wrong with the S1000RR 2015 onwards.

I?ve owned the 1299S, it?s a superb bike which for me like yourself was very comfy especially on the knees, I struggle with that and the narrow tank at the crotch helped loads.

You won?t go wrong with whatever you choose, they are all cracking bikes.

Latest posts

Back