Dashboard warning light.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanP

Reaction score
Chaps. Some advice please if possible. Just back from the Isle of Man and I've had an intermittent problem with a light on my dashboard. The ABS light goes out but there's a warning triangle which stays on. Any ideas on what it could be? See pic below.

Thanks. Jordan.
da05f75d647906e02b654c5dcbc4b42d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing to check is the battery terminals as these have a tendency to get loose and cause all sorts of intermittent electrical issues

First thing to check is the battery terminals as these have a tendency to get loose and cause all sorts of intermittent electrical issues

Thanks Oli. I'll check that out.

Apologies if this is trivial, but just for reference the ABS light flashes when the ignition is first switched on and then until the bike reaches 5 mph when they go off.

Only other thing I can think of is accidentally disabling the ABS, in which case the ABS light would stay on.

If however it's none of those and is an intermittent light that you see whilst riding then I'd bet on loose terminals.

Hope the issue is resolved soon :).

Oli

Yeah I know how the ABS light works etc. The other light just seems to come and go every so often.

That looks like the DTC light. If on constantly check you haven't turned off DTC, otherwise suggests a fault in DTC. A scan with GS911 would give you a fault code.

That looks like the DTC light. If on constantly check you haven't turned off DTC, otherwise suggests a fault in DTC. A scan with GS911 would give you a fault code.

Will do. Thanks mate [emoji106]

Disabling DTC and or ABS is done by holding the ABS button on the left switchgear. To turn it back on just press the button, though I believe the bike has to be in motion to do this (or at least I had to after my bike was on the Dyno).

Does anyone know whether disabling ABS and or DTC is "remembered" when switching the ignition off in modes other then Slick or User Mode?

Hi Jordan....i had a similar issue with my '15....there are numerous reasons why you might be experiencing the problem. So firstly, as FlyingScotsman says it's the traction control light. Here's a few things that could cause it to light up:
1. Faulty LH switchgear
2. Faulty wheel speed sensors (front or rear)
3. Worn wheel bearings (causing confusing readings at the sensor)
4. A break somewhere in the loom
5. ECU gremlins(sorry that one's a bit vague!)

First thing i would do is get it back to the dealer to see if there are any fault codes logged - hopefully there will be and it'll be an easy fix.

Not sure which dealer you are using but i took mine to Preston Bowker Motorrad.....Steve Bridgeman and the head tech there (Andy) are brilliant and they are now 100% up to speed with this specific issue. Hope you get it sorted.... Feel free to give me a shout if you need any more info ;)

Hi Jordan....i had a similar issue with my '15....there are numerous reasons why you might be experiencing the problem. So firstly, as FlyingScotsman says it's the traction control light. Here's a few things that could cause it to light up:
1. Faulty LH switchgear
2. Faulty wheel speed sensors (front or rear)
3. Worn wheel bearings (causing confusing readings at the sensor)
4. A break somewhere in the loom
5. ECU gremlins(sorry that one's a bit vague!)

First thing i would do is get it back to the dealer to see if there are any fault codes logged - hopefully there will be and it'll be an easy fix.

Not sure which dealer you are using but i took mine to Preston Bowker Motorrad.....Steve Bridgeman and the head tech there (Andy) are brilliant and they are now 100% up to speed with this specific issue. Hope you get it sorted.... Feel free to give me a shout if you need any more info ;)

Thanks Cavey. Appreciate your reply. I'll give a dealer a call today. Either Bowkers or Chester Motorrad. Whoever can look at it first I guess I'll go with.

Thanks again.

Clean the ABS sensors with brake cleaner and a cloth. Make sure they are within tolerance (in the manual) when fitted. (Distance from the ABS ring to the sensor).

It might be that you have inadvertently turned off the ASC (automatic stability control). It is operated on and off using the ABS button. Press and hold the ABS button and it might clear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi m8 i read sim post other day guy had dealer cycle abs while moving
turn off back on above 3mph worked for him
worth try

Latest posts

Back