Rough idle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajmz74

Reaction score
afternoon All

recent problems with my gen 3
yesterday i went out on it and the tickover was rough and unstable and stalled a couple of times at traffic lights. i had to hold the revs on to keep it ticking over.
rpm at tickover is jumping between 1100 and 1200.

I tried resetting the tps by holding throttle open for 15 secs ignition off the 15 sec on then 15 sec off . this Worked !!!! tickover back to normal and throttle responce crisp.

took it out this morning and the issue is back , now with a warning triangle too.

Any one have any advice or experience with this ?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Have you had it serviced recently? Mine has done this a couple of times since last service and wondered about a software update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you had it serviced recently? Mine has done this a couple of times since last service and wondered about a software update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only bought the bike a month ago, last serviced last year but just an oil change etc.
not a major.

it has a recent new battery , but i do have a connection for the trickle charge and also a connection for a usb charger coming off the battery.
but it starts no issues and runs great over 2k revs.

changed the plugs yesterday too but still no change.

scratching my head about it

i miss the days when you could just turn a screw on the carb to increase or decrease tickover[emoji853]

p.s the warning triangle was for a headlight bulb out, ive sorted that

I'd get a Gs911 on it and read the codes

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

I'd get a Gs911 on it and read the codes

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
ive looked into that and found a guy who lets you use his for ?20 so i think ill do that at the weekend and see what it brings up

I only bought the bike a month ago, last serviced last year but just an oil change etc.
not a major.

it has a recent new battery , but i do have a connection for the trickle charge and also a connection for a usb charger coming off the battery.
but it starts no issues and runs great over 2k revs.

changed the plugs yesterday too but still no change.

scratching my head about it

Try disconnecting the usb charger connection - this is an active component and might be draining battery. The trickle charger connection is just wires and should be OK.

Once the bike is running the USB connector would not affect the running of the bike whatsoever, if the issue was voltage related it would be either an issue within the charge system or a poor earth connection somewhere or similar. I?d get a multimeter on the battery to see what the charge rate is if you suspect an issue with any of the above that?s been mentioned.

Latest posts

Back