BMW Club 'Ride Friendly' Trackdays for 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going? Quick show of hands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Hi All,

Robert Bensley (bins on here) is the secretary for the BMW Club and organises a few road bike only trackdays in the UK each year (road legal, number plate, etc, no tyre warmers or slicks). I have been going for a couple of years and they are really good fun. It would be great to get some more forum members along to some of these days. Being a BMW Club member is not required, these events are open to everyone.

This year the dates and venues are:

Snetterton 9th May (subject to numbers attending)
Cadwell Park 20th June
Snetterton 8th August

Each Snet day is ?130, Cadders is ?120

There is plenty of free tuition on the day from ex racers and professional riders. The trackdays are run as 'friendly' so things like diving up the inside and standing people up are not tolerated. These days are ideal for beginners all the way through to regular trackday riders who want to mix it up with other road riders. On the days you get every flavour of BMW bike (including GS' and old air heads) going around the track. It is very sociable too, cant help but make new friends and acquaintances.

A few from the forum are regulars, including myself, Alex, bins, baz, & Ian (sorry if I forgot anyone)...

If you are thinking of going along and have any further questions or want some advice on accommodation please do ask.

Application forms for each day are available on email from Robert [email protected]
Or can PM bins on here.

I wrote a post last year on one I went to:
http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthrea...ide-Friendly-Trackday-Monday-17th-August-2015

Hepefully see some of you at one of the days this year. If you are going let us know!

Edit - and as forum members we get our own reserved pit garage at Snet. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I'll be at all 3 baring disaster.
These are great events folks. Probably the best way to get on track if you haven't before. And for those that have its just a great day spent on a derestricted road!

We need one at Oulton too...

Hi everyone. Bins has asked me if I can do a shout out for the May date at Snetterton. Take up for that date has been a bit slow. If we get enough forum members to sign up for it we can have a joint sthou forum/BMW club trackday event. It'd be cool to have our own forum trackday with loads of sthou bikes circulating but appreciate it's a tall ask.

Norfolk is the driest county in England, you're almost guaranteed... that I've jinxed it now :D
In all honesty it's a great track for the road rider that is interested in having a go on a track. Wide, Smooth, Great Visibility, with the exception of the bomb hole there are no elevation changes. It's good for spectators too, from Aggo's you can see the action from the end of the pit straight to the end of the Bentley Straight.

So get your butts and bikes to Snetterton on May the 9th.

There will no doubt be some beers to share on the night of the 8th in Attleborough just up the road.

I can probably pop for a beer but expect I'll stay in town with my folks or a mate. (Norwich = Home for me)

Last edited:
Is this open to riders of non-BMW (hhoooock-ptooi!) bikes?

Sure is!
'Road Bike' is the requirement.

If we were over subscribed I believe the BMW's will get preference. But ultimately money talks :D And we need slower bikes to lap ;) :p

Last edited:
Sure is!
'Road Bike' is the requirement.

If we were over subscribed I believe the BMW's will get preference. But ultimately money talks :D And we need slower bike to lap ;) :p

Ossum! A mate and I are interested (he rides a K5 Gixxer thou), will see what we can do.

Latest posts

Back