BMW Club 'Ride Friendly' Trackdays for 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going? Quick show of hands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any road bikes are welcome. We get ducatis, gixxers, Hondas all sorts. The more variety the better in my opinion, great fun!

Hi, as soof says all bikes are welcome, we get lots of GSs, even had a Harley sportster once. Baz looks after the fast guys, he's done more laps of the 300 circuit than anyone else I know of, the instructor team consists of more than 20, some cautious riders circulate all day with an instructor. Out of the 30 or more booked in so far, 14 are S1000s, can't say for sure how many are from here but there's names I know.

Several stay at the Breckland Lodge in Attleborough, I live nearby in Banham and host a very informal BBQ on the Sunday evening, camping and bed roll space also available, please make my life easier and less stressful by entering early, it's a big expense to take on.

Sounds like a great day out, just a bit far from Inverness though :confusion:
Have fun guys!

Is this organised by BMW? BMW insurance covers you for BMW organised track days so would this qualify? Not planning on binning it but nice security all the same!!

No, it is organised by the BMW Club. I have been a few years now and only seen one off that resulted in a bike being unrideable (the brake cable snapped, the bike in question was very ropey). Overall it is rare to get a black flag at these events as folk tend to leave a margin for error as walking home isn't much fun.

Robert is struggling for numbers for May, he's about half booked up. He may be cancelling that date if more participants don't come forward very soon, which would be a shame as it's always a good crack.

If anyone can push this with other bike groups they are involved with that would be great :)

If Graham's wanted to be on-site mechanical assistance I'm sure Robert might work out a deal ;)

Last edited:
Robert has asked if we would post the official newsletter about the BMW Club trackdays:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The numbers for the groups on this day are much lower than commercially run standard trackdays, so the track is less busy.

For Snetterton the maximum riders allowed on a standard session is 66. On the BMW Club day fast group is 46, inters 40 and cautious 36.
For Cadwell the max is 42. On the club day fast is 34, inters 32 and cautious 28.

There will also be circa 25 instructors.

Figures provided by Robert.

If you have never done a trackday with your road bike these are a great introduction with small groups and lots of help on hand.
If you do trackdays but get a bit tired of the 'all the gear no idea' chumps, these are great for a chilled out fun track day with plenty of opportunity for pace in the fast group.

This sounds like my kind of day.
Did the bmw car trackdays and they were much better than the unfocused events or javelin ones I'd done.

Will check the dates.

This sounds like my kind of day. Did the bmw car trackdays and they were much better than the unfocused events or javelin ones I'd done. Will check the dates.

hope to see you there!

- Sent from Mobile Device

Bumpty bump bump bump

You get to meet Soof, Bins and Baz...what more could you want :p

I have emailed Robert for an application form for Snett on the 8th Aug. Will be my first ever experience on track, unless i manage something else this summer.

Bumpty bump bump bump

You get to meet Soof, Bins and Baz...what more could you want :p

OK - i think i could do Snett on May 9, but i'd want to transport the bike. Anybody thinking of taking trailer/van and going to be able to swing by Maidenhead or thereabouts...? Share costs...

Excellent - but I can't help on the transport side. FWIW, if you took the whole of Sunday to come up the roads up through Essex/Suffolk can be good fun (not North of England fun...but not bad)

Back