BMW club 'ride friendly' track days for 2014

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, the June 9th day is now fully booked, I am compiling a reserve list.

The August 18th day has spaces in all groups.

The Cadwell Park Sep 29th may be altered as follows.......

Hi

Firstly thank you for entering the Cadwell Park track day; as you will have read in the small print it can only go ahead if there is sufficient support.

The circuit is owned and operated by MSV who have been very patient with me thus far but I am now under pressure to either confirm or cancel our booking. At the moment, with only 52 bookings, I cannot confirm the event without making a significant change.

If you all agree to pay an extra £35 (making a total of £135) then the day will go ahead with a maximum of 70 riders split into 2 groups. The track time will be split evenly between the groups so for your extra £35 you'll get an extra 50% track time, a total of 3½ hours on possibly the most attractive circuit in the UK . The remaining 18 places will be sold at £135, the same total price as you will have paid.

I plan to start the day with 20 minute sessions for the first 2 hours, and then move to 30 minute sessions for the rest of the event and my team of instructors will make sure that less experienced riders, and those who are riding at Cadwell for the first time, are comfortable before riding the track on their own. As at all
BMW Club track days the instructors will be available throughout the day, happy to ride with anyone who asks, free of charge.

Please let me know as soon as possible, and in any event by Tuesday 28th May, whether you are happy to pay the extra and I'll get back to you with the result.

Thanks R B

HI YA Binns,
Can I ask you. I have a 2011 SKrr. That I only use on a track it still has road rubber on it K3s front and rear.
I do a few track days a year but use a local gocart track fortnightly weather permitting.
I am by no means an expert and would love to learn more about the bike. I would love to come on one of the BMW track days.
To prove my point I have a slick pin in the bike that I have yet to use, I know lots of readers will laugh at this but the bike has so much without and I like my AIDS .
Many thanks Jack sprat.

Hi Jack (are you the one who could eat no fat)? (if you are you're probably the right size for an RR) me I'm just under 10 stone soaking wet! I too have never pulled the pin, I leave all that fast stuff to Baz!

If you've still got your lights in place, can display a full size number plate, mirrors are optional but we ask you to be aware of what's going on around you, (we do not like S1000s holding up the F800s), it's all O K, I find they go just as well with no MOT or tax.

If you turn up with racing numbers and gravel rash, I'll question it.

I'm off to ride Spa and Mettet in the morning, I'll not be able to answer any other questions after 12 tonight, that's as long as I get the tyre changed O K

no lights no mot race fairings no number plate. still class my self as nov inter . to your other point yes 10 plus stone no need for pin . let me know please . off to the iom in the rain on my diavel which is now my road bike . thanks js

Big thanks to Robert for organising a great track day (and burger at the BBQ I crashed). He even sorted out the weather to be perfect, and reserved a 's1000rr forum' paddock garage, great job.

Over the day think I counted 4 HP4s, 3 of which were carbons. Lots of tricked out s1000rrs (including Hampys :) ).

Good company, good fun, well run. Thanks again.

I concurr, great day! Thanks for organising it.

I saw and heard of a few too many over zealous overtakes, where more patience was required, but I don't actually recall any of them being done by S1000RR riders, so good work lads.

Booked for the Cadwell trip.
Still debating the Snetterton one...prime Holiday time...

Hi, all those considering doing this better be quick, 10 places left for the Cadwell one, R B

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back