BMW club 'ride friendly' track days for 2014

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bins

Reaction score
The BMW club are having 2 days at Snetterton 300 this year, June 9th and August 18th, if there is enough interest there will be a day at Cadwell on September 29th.

Several forum members have been in previous years I hope they will back me up in saying I run a controlled, friendly atmosphere day, probably more suited to beginners than budding racers, training is compulsory for the first session in the cautious and inter groups, riders in the cautious group are encouraged to continue with training until they show a reasonable level of confidence. For experienced folks it's a day where one can expect very few (2 over the last 5 events) stoppages and numbers on track are below the circuit maximum. My team of instructors range from an ex GP racer to IAM and ROSPA observers.

It's road bikes only and no tyre warmers, open to non club members on any make of bike, we have a social BBQ on the Sunday evening before Snetterton as I live close by.

I am in charge of these days, they are not part of another track day organizers event, unlike the BMW GB promotions.

http://www.sporting-register.talktalk.net/

I can highly recommend the above, I went along last year with a friend that had never been on track before. He was bricking it, but with Roberts good team of Instructors and coaches he had so very much help and input on the day he now wants to book another.
I chose to go into the experienced group even though I had not been to Snett before and had not done a track day for a few years. This was well run also, did not have any issues with anyone else on track and I hope they didnt mind me being on track with them :triumphant:

If you have not been on track before and fancy trying it then this is the one for you.

Phil

ps I know a great bb for the night before £35 single, 4 miles from track.

ps I know a great bb for the night before £35 single, 4 miles from track.[/QUOTE]

Phil, you trying to profit from Roberts hospitality? LOL

+1 on last year. I'm happy to recommend it to any level of rider. Great introduction to track day experience, great bunch of riders, even us old boys can have fun!

Thanks Robert, see you there,
Martin

I'm local and have a few mates locally that need some coaching also so I shall have a word with them about the 9th...hope to sign up and meet some club members.

If anyone needs any help/advice/coaching,I and all the other instructors(there's hundreds of us-well,nearly!)are more than willing to help.I'll be on an s1000rr on road tyres so you can make a direct comparison.

Sounds good, track days are quite daunting to those of us that haven't really gone down that road.. Any chance of picking a track a little further west though :tongue-new:

There's less than 20 places left for 9th June, at least 3 forum members booked already, I'll reserve you a garage if you wish. Road bike only, no tyre warmers and I want this to be my 6th day I've run with no red flags. More info at http://www.sporting-register.talktalk.net/

Take a look, there's a picture of me when I as young, then you will recognise me on the day, I haven't changed a bit!!!

Hi R,
Offer of a garage sounds sweet, it would be great if you could reserve one for the forum members.
See you there and looking forward to it.
Best regards, M

Places still available chaps, although I'm now rearranging groups as inters is nearl full. North Oxford garage have taken 10 and will want a garage. I'll reserve the next set of garages to the photographer for the forum.
Can't believe there are not more forum members wanting to do it, shall I start a thread under General discussion so those who do not read this section can be made aware? I'll do it anyway.
It's more than just a track day.

Anyone else going on the 9th? Staying locally?
I cant make the 9th due to work but I have stayed here The Elms, Garboldisham Road, East Harling NR16 2PU, only £35 for a single and 5 minutes from the track
2 Pubs just a short walk or you can get a take away meal and eat it in the dining room.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back