2015rr. No confidence.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shuts 1970

Think I'm the only one not feeling at home on the bike. Coming from an rsv4 and last bike 12my 10r instantly felt good on both. Not on the s1k. Feels really hard and no feeling at the rear and very vibey. Any help much appreciated.

Do you have it in race mode? I found the rear was solid but the front a bit skittish and have adjusted +2 on the front.
sport mode may suit you better?
Not mucked about with anything else as I'm waiting for the full fat version after first service to really see how it handles.

Yeah got it in sport mode. Gone to -4 comp front and rear and dropped rear tyre pressure to 36psi. Heading in the right direction. Also don't get why rear sag is 8-12mm. When general rule of thumb most bikes it's 25-30. It doesn't seem to squat down and grip like 10r did.

I've got mine on +2 all round in race and I think it handled much better than my 2012

Result. Front & rear compression -7. Tyres f33 r34. Got some weight transfer feeling and heat in tyres. Amazing what a few tweaks do on this bike. Was ready for getting rid.Thanks guy's for your input. �bring brin

-7 for each, that's softest settings right?
Still in sport mode or race?
just asking as I'm going to play about once service is done.
Oh,and how heavy are you?

Section 5 P76 of the manual.
Yes -7 is the slackest with soft wollowy tyres too.
I don't get these settings. It sounds like you're looking to induce squat when the geo isn't allowing it. Your weight will be critical here I guess.

Maybe the geo of the rear pivot point is what needs adjustment, I believe it can be changed on the 2015.

The forks collapse on the 2012 with lots of compression added I'm a tad surprised if the 2015 is too stiff!

Yeah - you'd have to be <60kgs.
But to be honest I'm not sure my '12 squats that much.

Question is, is there a problem or just a riding style issue? DDC should flatten the bike, it SHOULD remain in perfect Geo for the demands made of it.

It SHOULD feel different.

Sport mode softened everything off. Feels like it's following the road better rather than skipping over it. Hey everybody has different feeling. I'm 100kg with gear on and this feels better for me on our pothole / gravel/farmsh*te ridden roads. Just change to race when i go on track day.

Cool, if it works then happy days.
I'll probably be asking the same questions when I set mine up

Sport mode softened everything off. Feels like it's following the road better rather than skipping over it. Hey everybody has different feeling. I'm 100kg with gear on and this feels better for me on our pothole / gravel/farmsh*te ridden roads. Just change to race when i go on track day.

My 2012 felt the same when I got it, you need to get some stiffer springs in it, the standard bike is setup for 85 Kgs; I got mine done at FTR suspension, give them a ring they will be able to advise.......

Latest posts

Back