Bike down! :(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear.... hope you are ok.... the crap flowing down the side road could have accumulated with rainfall. I have had similar encounters... new bike time :).......silver lining and all that

Sorry to hear I hope you heal up quick and get that inevitable new bike on order quick!

Again really sorry to hear of your crash and the injuries you have sustained [emoji17]
I hope you recover fully as quickly as possible and that 2021 is a much better year!

Sorry to hear this too, will you be getting a lawyer on the case re the gravel situation?

Sorry to hear this too, will you be getting a lawyer on the case re the gravel situation?

i will leave it to the insurance company first, they do seem keen to see what they can do about it. there not sure if they can do anything but are talking to there legal departments. like i said to them, im not bothered if the claim goes against me but the drive owner needs to be scared into keeping there gravel off the road.

On what grounds? I was riding round and though many Dorset village lanes today and there were endless patches of grit and gravel from peoples drives and just generally as a result of the recent downpours which had created patches of grit and gravel making the road surfaces very dodgy indeed. Just have to rely on good observation and awareness.

Last edited:
Yes, the torrential rains week before last, washed a lot of gravel onto the A350 / B3081 in Dorset. I was tempted to go out early with a broom but it was mainly on blind bends. A fair bit had gone by last Saturday. It?s one of those things. Soon to be replaced by wet leaves. J

Last edited:
On what grounds? I was riding round and though many Dorset village lanes today and there were endless patches of grit and gravel from peoples drives and just generally as a result of the recent downpours which had created patches of grit and gravel making the road surfaces very dodgy indeed. Just have to rely on good observation and awareness.

on the grounds its happened before on the persons drive and he had council warnings all ready. tbh i dont want to cause his much trouble but if he had acted last time this happened then it wouldnt have happened to me. bet if i had died then things would have been done by now. a good result for me would him being told to tarmac the end of his drive.

p.s. my observation is normally very very good and this is why i generally lead out of all my friend and family when we ride in a group. still gutted i missed it and not quite sure how i did, weather it was due to the sun and going from shadows to bright light or weather the trees dappled leaves on the road camouflaged it or did i take a glance in the mirror and miss it this way. I will never know.

on the grounds its happened before on the persons drive and he had council warnings all ready. tbh i dont want to cause his much trouble but if he had acted last time this happened then it wouldnt have happened to me. bet if i had died then things would have been done by now. a good result for me would him being told to tarmac the end of his drive.

p.s. my observation is normally very very good and this is why i generally lead out of all my friend and family when we ride in a group. still gutted i missed it and not quite sure how i did, weather it was due to the sun and going from shadows to bright light or weather the trees dappled leaves on the road camouflaged it or did i take a glance in the mirror and miss it this way. I will never know.
Sadly, that would be wistful and unenforceable by the council

not happy with the bike collection. i know its probably not coming back but if its not written off this is not the way to transport bikes imo, its lent on stand and pulled up against bulk head of van with ratchet straps through the carbon wheels, and im not joking if my missis didn't run out to offer a hand to push it up the ramp he was going to drag it with the winch.ffs. theres no padding or cloth to stop the straps scratching the shit out of the wheels either. gutted to say the least. :(

ou5L5i5.jpg

They wont care, if its written off the insurer will want the job doing for the cheapest price. I do agree that is a shit way to see it go down the road (again oops).

Latest posts

Back