Lockdown

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was you out for work or just a blast?
Out for a blast... well an hour or so, roads were empty, let it rip up the A82 there was loads of people out walking as I reached Clydebank.

When I went to the petrol station there was about 7 cops in it all having a laugh, they were dead chatty..I had an excuse though...going to a chemist as theres none open down our way.

Think I'm quite happy with my brakes btw... I replaced the discs, pads, pistons, seals and fluid...they feel really good, might just have cracked it..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Went for a blast yesterday up to Callander, was told the police have been pulling bikers and giving them a bollocking. Might go out again today.

my mums being discharged from hospital today. She had her leg amputated 20m ago and the cancers come back so had to have above the knee operated on and removed Friday...
I've been insolating myself since dropping her off to minimise the risk to her. Stay safe all

Is it too much to ask for people just to stay in?

obviously not, but you?re allowed one hour of exercise each day so long as you keep out with the two metre distance of people, so not sure how me riding 20 mins to Callander and back would be an issue, I am posing no threat to anyone.

Last edited:
Unless you fall off in that 20 minutes and require the Emergency Services and a critical care bed. Carry on.

Unless you fall off in that 20 minutes and require the Emergency Services and a critical care bed. Carry on.

Get a grip ffs.

So all these people out running, the folk I seen cycling which is a fair amount, what if they fall off? At speed with Lycra? What if they get hit by a car?

Last edited:
my mums being discharged from hospital today. She had her leg amputated 20m ago and the cancers come back so had to have above the knee operated on and removed Friday...
I've been insolating myself since dropping her off to minimise the risk to her. Stay safe all

Wishing your Mum a speedy recovery Marc, all the best.

Get a grip ffs.

I?ve been living with COVID-19 three months ahead of where the U.K. is right now providing consular support for those that need it most. The selfishness and stupidity emanating from many back in the U.K. is simply astounding.

Wishing her a full and speedy recovery with no further complications.

I?m currently sat in Host Nation quarantine/isolation having tested negative for COVID-19 following an essential international flight. Yes it?s somewhat irksome but it?s necessary nonetheless. Stay safe.

Wishing her a full and speedy recovery with no further complications.

I?m currently sat in Host Nation quarantine/isolation having tested negative for COVID-19 following an essential international flight. Yes it?s somewhat irksome but it?s necessary nonetheless. Stay safe.

Not sure what you do, but seems pretty important, so wishing you all the best too and stay safe. :)

I?m really sorry to hear your mother, and therefore your family, have been through a tough time.
I wish her the best recovery possible and as Ryan says, no further complications

Thanks all for the kind words. Still not out of the woods yet. Mums got to have chemo next as it has spread to her lungs. (Already had 3 lung ops last year) fingers crossed this time

Thanks all for the kind words. Still not out of the woods yet. Mums got to have chemo next as it has spread to her lungs. (Already had 3 lung ops last year) fingers crossed this time

Sorry to hear this Marc. I hope your mum is OK. Take care of yourself and her. If she goes on chemotherapy she will be in the very vulnerable category.
Best wishes, Robf

hope she gets though it all. not the best of years so far. :(

Lots of time on my hands at the moment, but also lots of opportunities! I have a rotten suzuki Gt185 in the workshop/garage waiting for a rebuild. Of course I was planning to get the crankcase sodablasted, powder coat the frame, blah blah etc etc. But now, I?m going for a Corona GT185, think mad max style. I?ve got all the parts I need mechanically, the engine will be sweet. The rest will be absolutely ruined...I don?t care anymore.
When this lockdown?s over, I?ll be rolling up the street in a blue haze, and probably getting the AA to recover me within a few miles.
Thank god I got that knock through to the garage.....

All you people with garages, spare a thought for those of us locked in small apartments with our wives! You lucky barstewards!

(Joking)

All you people with garages, spare a thought for those of us locked in small apartments with our wives! You lucky barstewards!

(Joking)
Well you can double down on that scenario if you had kids....

Latest posts

Back